My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has replaced the front wheels. Any aftermarket wheels out there. I am sure the John Deere wheels are not cheap.

Don

·
Registered
461 Posts
Which thatcher?
Horrible Freight has lots of cheap wheels. You can probably find something that would work.

·
Registered
461 Posts
So, what size wheel does the Thatcher that you have need? Wheels have dimensions that are important to match, like hole/hub size, diameter, and width. When I looked on jdparts yesterday there were several Thatchers. I picked one and it looked like it had a relatively standard wheel with a 5/8" hub. That should be easy to replace. Maybe you have one of the others that has a different size wheel. Normally I would suggest Amazon, but it will be a month or more before you get something like that delivered. There is also eBay, but all of these are pretty obvious things that perhaps you have already tried. If so, you will either need to get creative or just pay JD to get the real part.

·
Registered
461 Posts
JD seems to be really proud of that wheel. It looks like a normal lawnmower style wheel and $2.99 from Surplus Center seems like a much better price. They do charge shipping, so it makes sense to get some other things too. But if you need two wheels, you should have no problem getting them, pay for shipping and get some cool stuff for the price of one wheel from JD.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts