My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a John Deere STX38 that ran fine two weeks ago but last weekend turned key and was totally dead. Battery is good, jumped starter it's good, and the pressure switch in seat is good. So I think the problem is in the blade interlock switch or the ignition switch. I haven't taken them out yet to troubleshoot them. I don't have a wiring diagram but I am an electrician so I'm looking for anyone with more experience than I, on what to terminals to ring out or Any other ideas that would help me. By the way I did replace the cellinoid also. Thank you johnhb

·
Administrator
21,327 Posts
Hello, John, and welcome to the forum.

I would suggest making sure all of them are clean and making contact when they are supposed to. Some contact cleaner may assist. No clicking is there??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John Deere STX38 Thanks for your replies. No it will not jump start I can jump from + battery terminal to starter and it will engage and when I turn the key there is no click it's absolutly dead. Like I said I replaced the solinoid (Which I misspelled in my original post, thanks for ignoring that guys!) so thats not the problem. It is the STX with the black deck if that makes a difference with the wiring.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank You, and your right it would be the 2nd diagram. This will be a great help now I just need the time to work on it. Thanks again what a great website!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts