My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
hey, 300 plus
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so who ever engineered this is brilliant. Somewhere to store all of the stuff that I find all over the grass when cutting - balls, bats, water guns, sticks, rocks, various kids shoes.....

This also allows you to attach your various tow behinds without having to take it off. Highly recommended.

Attachments

·
Registered
801 Posts
I love mine, they also make a double bucket holder. I do have to lift off the bucket when I attach my trailer, but the bracket stays in-place. My trailer has a handle for pulling manually that is in the way. This is on my tractor all summer until the bagger goes on in the fall.

·
Gardening Newbie
311 Posts
That is my favorite attachment.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I made one from slotted angle I had laying around, really handy, in the winter I use it to hold weight for plowing snow.

·
That Guy
1,160 Posts
I want it. However my wife doesn't see this as a needed purchase...

·
Gardening Newbie
311 Posts
I made one from slotted angle I had laying around, really handy, in the winter I use it to hold weight for plowing snow.
The one you made sounds really interesting. Have any more details?

:wwp:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm envious of you guys and your new tractors that have the provisions for mounting the bucket bracket assembly. My old LX188 wanted one so I cobbled one up out of 3/16" steel and mounted it higher so it wouldn't interfer with the hitch. My JD buckets are coming UPS next week.

My wife also thinks it looks silly having the buckets hanging of the back of the tractor. I told her it was for having my beer on ice when mowing.

Attachments

·
hey, 300 plus
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My wife also thinks it looks silly having the buckets hanging of the back of the tractor. I told her it was for having my beer on ice when mowing.
That is fantastic work. I am envious of you guys who can fabricate this stuff on your own!

:thThumbsU

·
Gardening Newbie
311 Posts
I'm envious of you guys and your new tractors that have the provisions for mounting the bucket bracket assembly. My old LX188 wanted one so I cobbled one up out of 3/16" steel and mounted it higher so it wouldn't interfer with the hitch. My JD buckets are coming UPS next week.

That is nice work! While I enjoy having the single bucket, I too would rather have the skills to fabricate one like you did. Plus, yours is a double bucket that is held higher up. John Deere does sell a double bucket holder, but that double bucket is so low that the buckets would interfere with the trailer hitch, which I use very often.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I love mine, they also make a double bucket holder. I do have to lift off the bucket when I attach my trailer, but the bracket stays in-place. My trailer has a handle for pulling manually that is in the way. This is on my tractor all summer until the bagger goes on in the fall.
I had the trailer handle problem, and decided I seldom used the trailer manually. I removed the handle, and now can use the trailer without taking the bucket holder off. I use the heck out of the bucket. I carry a Grabber in it, and pick up trash along the main road where I mow. Also pick up sticks and the dog's tennis balls when I get ready to mow my lawn.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I had the trailer handle problem, and decided I seldom used the trailer manually. I removed the handle, and now can use the trailer without taking the bucket holder off. I use the heck out of the bucket. I carry a Grabber in it, and pick up trash along the main road where I mow. Also pick up sticks and the dog's tennis balls when I get ready to mow my lawn.

·
hey, 300 plus
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Things I found mowing yesterday - 3 tennis balls, 1 hardball, 1 softball, 1 water gun, various sticks, a hockey stick, and a stake from somewhere(?). Needless to say, worth it!

Attachments

·
Registered
801 Posts
Well, I only have to take the bucket off, the bracket is not in the way. So it's not really an issue. And the handle comes in handy for people in my house that do not have tractor privileges. (The wife)

But thanks for the grabbber Idea. I hate getting off the tractor.

·
Registered
201 Posts
The stream of great ideas never ends... I think it's time to make a sleeve-hitch edition for my tractor. ;-)

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I have one on my x500 i love it too

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Red Plaid is Timeless
987 Posts
Made one for my 400. Wayyyyy handy! I always have a pair of gloves in the bottom of one of the buckets.

Attachments

·
Deceased Member
2,028 Posts
Those are pretty slick :fing32:

I'm kinda partial to my Brinly Dump Attachment though.

This one is for the Bolens tube frames, but I know that they made them for almost all of the various brands, plus a sleeve hitch version.

It doesn't allow for towing anything, but, with 13 tractors, I haven't found that to be an issue. It takes less than a minute to mount or dismount, and it's been on most of my tube frame tractors at one time or another.

Attachments

·
Registered
801 Posts
I got my grabber a few weeks back, but I have found one flaw with it. When it falls out of the bucket, how do I pick it up without getting off the tractor.? :crybaby:

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
I got my grabber a few weeks back, but I have found one flaw with it. When it falls out of the bucket, how do I pick it up without getting off the tractor.? :crybaby:
Tie a rope on it. :fing32:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts