My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Resident Man Of Many Hats
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was gifted a John Deere Saber 2354hv the other day. Starts right up, runs flawlessly, has a little over 400 hours on it. Its in great shape but has a drive issue. When first started it will drive with no problem at all, a few forward and reverse attempts will get it to the point where it wont move at all and this happens very quickly. Let it sit for a bit, try again, same thing. I'm assuming the belt is loose and just gets hot and starts to slip but I don't see any smoke at all from underneath like I'd expect from a belt that's slipping. I don't know a whole heck of a lot about the drive system, are there any adjustments or other things I should do first before picking up a belt? Anyway to make sure the trans isn't simply trash? Seems like a nice little mower and its built well, I'd really love to get it going.

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
It doesn't sound like you are running it long enough for it to be a dying trans but its possible I guess. The v-idler pulley seems to be on a carriage bolt that should give you some adjustment for belt wear. See part 19 in the diagram :fing32: Check that the idlers are in good shape too those plastic ones have a habit of separating. I'd also check the input pulley for the trans.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts