My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a dumb question but going to ask it anyway.

Where can I get fuel line for riding mower? I want to replace the fuel lines on my stx38 but I am also looking for a resto garden tractor and will need to do the same for it.

Where do you guys go for fuel lines and other repair/replacement parts besides JD?

Thanx:dunno:

·
new nut but loving it
1,595 Posts
Napa or other auto parts store. Mother Deere has it as well, but for more money... Sorry Mother. :hide:

·
Registered
481 Posts
My local Ace Hardware carries it too. Make sure to take in the original so you can get the proper diameter tubing.

·
Super Moderator
13,363 Posts
Like DN said any auto part store will have the fuel line. For other parts it really depends on what tractor you are looking for parts for. Sometimes the dealer (in person or online) then there are other sources (eBay, tractor grave yards, craigslist etc etc) it really depends on what you need and how old the tractor is :fing32:

·
Super Moderator
13,363 Posts

·
Proud JD Owner
1,740 Posts
I replaced all the fuel lines on my push mower and Poulan tractor this spring. The old ones were all cracked up and rotted out. I used 1/4 fuel line from the local auto-parts store. Cheap, and I'm good for a few more years.

Just make sure you get the right diameter of line, and you'll be fine.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Check you dealer price first, I will be getting all new line for the LX188. They will also know how much you need and the part #.
If not all of the above

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
I went to my dealer yesterday to get some things I needed for my 318 has tank. They had the rubber gromets for the fuel feed nozzles at the tank for a reasonable amount. I didn't ask about a actual hose but I'm sure it wouldn't have been any worse than anywhere else. So far my dealer ( wright implements) has been very reasonable and competitive on parts.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LTG - I usually go to Canadian Tire, but that might be a bit of a commute for ya!

Its not that far....... well maybe if I can talk the wife......

Oh by the way, love the rebuild on BROR!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
My dealer is usually cheap on parts that are readily available elsewhere. Sparkplugs are cheaper at JD than at Walmart

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
13,948 Posts
Dont you have Princess Auto as well?
Yes.... yes we do... But I only get to GO there if I don't bring LTBabe. Because otherwise she gets really bent when there aren't ACTUALLY princesses there! :)

LTG - I usually go to Canadian Tire, but that might be a bit of a commute for ya!

Its not that far....... well maybe if I can talk the wife......

Oh by the way, love the rebuild on BROR!
Thanks! I'm hoping that life in general is going to slow down soon so I can get back at it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts