My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all I've got a question can anyone help me with a good old lx176 how to get to the PTO switch/plug trying to find out if that is the problem it won't crank I can jump the starter and it crank but no spark that's my guess I also replaced the POS cable if you have any ideas let me know if anyone can help Thanks 馃嚭馃嚫

Registered
Check the wire to the solenoid (purple I think) and see if it has 12 volts when you turn the switch with the PTO off and the brake depressed. I like to use a test light because a VOM might show 12 volts but still be a weak connection. When you jump the starter did you have the switch on?
Cannon

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that idea I'll check the purple wire with the key switch on (run position) and PTO off. When I jumped the starter key switch was on nothing 鈽 thanks again 馃嚭馃嚫

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
K here we go key is in the run position turn key to the start position nothing. Pulled the PTO switch test Light on the wires pushed and pulled in and out one wire has constant power and the other one goes on and off as the switch is activated also checked continuity between small wire at the starter and the purple wire and it did have continuity. Also heard the PTO cluch click and check the seat switch it works good. Battery 12.35 volts new POS wire from battery to starer so I'm thinking voltage regulator or starter but cranks but no spark also changed ignition switch with bord and checked the fueses they are good. 馃槧 What you think 馃嚭馃嚫 Thanks for listening lol

Super Moderator
Battery is low at 12.35 volts, a fully charged one should indicate about 12.8 volts DC. Might try again with it fully charged and see what happens.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just got back to this forum about the JD with starting problem (cleaning tree lines, working in the fields...) thanks for that idea I'll check the battery, and I also have a brand spankadee new one I'll charge it up and try it out to see if that works. Thanks again 馃嚭馃嚫

1 - 8 of 8 Posts