My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the bumper. My question is should I attach the new bumper to the hood first and then attach it to the frame. Or to the frame first as there are 4 bolts that attach the bumper to the frame.

·
5,857 Posts
Hi Gary52....
...this is the introduction forum .....meant for new members to tell us a little about themselves, their interests and equipment...I am going to move it to the John Deere Forum....I would have to see what you are working on to give a definitive answer, but maybe someone else will see yur question and have experience with this particular job....in the meantime if you can post a picture or 2 of what you are working on....maybe we can figure it out

·
Super Moderator
16,284 Posts
I need to replace the bumper. My question is should I attach the new bumper to the hood first and then attach it to the frame. Or to the frame first as there are 4 bolts that attach the bumper to the frame.
The Plastic Bumper which is Part of the Hood or the Metal Bumper That Protects the Hood?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Attach the plastic bumper to the hood first. Loosely insert the bolts that go up and down. Open the hood and slide the bumper from the front so those two bolts slide into the frame opening for them. Close the hood and move it forward or backwards until the fit is good. Tighten those two bottom bolts. Open the hood and insert and tighten the two side bolts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts