My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a used la120 with 412 hours did the oil change air filter and oil change and the gas filter. I was using it put on the parking brake, got off of it moved some sticks and then it quit on me. I turned the key and gas wouldnt prime and then i angrily walked away and forgot to turn the key off. Now its the next day battery is dead and when i hookup a battery tender it only clicks and wont turn over. And i even went as far as to pull the plugs and try it then but it still only clicks
Edit: i tried it with another mowers battery and it still only clicks
Edit: I went and bought a brand new battery and it turns over but there was still an issue with fuel delivery. I grabbed my compressor and shot air up the line immediately fuel came out and it cranks and runs but it sounds like the fly wheel is scraping on something any ideas?

Any ideas on what to do or what my issue is?

·
Registered
99 Posts
How long was the tender connected? Measure voltage at the terminals, some tenders are 6/12v and may think they are fully charged at 6 volts if the battery is deeply drained.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
If it’s a little tender, and not a bigger charger, it might take a while to charge it. I left my charger on my farm in WV, and left the key on one of my tractors on. It had a deep cycle battery out of my dump trailer in the JD. It took several days for the little tender to charge it.

·
Registered
99 Posts

Option 2 would be a solution. Could be your battery bit the dust, but its a little early to scrap it if you're willing to try a deep discharge revive.

Any idea on the battery age?

·
Registered
99 Posts
If it’s a little tender, and not a bigger charger, it might take a while to charge it. I left my charger on my farm in WV, and left the key on one of my tractors on. It had a deep cycle battery out of my dump trailer in the JD. It took several days for the little tender to charge it.
Agreed. Unless hooked up 12 plus hrs with a charge indication, not really enough to know.

Careful with jump starting the machine with limited engine charging capabilities. Can destroy the primitive charging system on these engines. I have been guilty of doing it at times, however.

·
Registered
786 Posts
When you went to move the sticks, was the PTO running, and did you shut that off before you got up from the seat? And now is it possible that the PTO switch is still on?

Even if you apply the brake, you can't get off the machine with the mower running - the safeties will kill the engine. It also won't start if the PTO switch is on.

Once I ran out of gas while mowing. Grumbled, went and got some gas, filled it up, and then went to go again. Tractor wouldn't start. It took a couple of minutes to realize that because the mower had shut itself off, I didn't think to shut off the PTO switch.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Did basically the same thing. My buddy walked up while I was cussing and fussing with it. He sat on it, pushed the PTO button in, and it started right up. OOPS.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Option 2 would be a solution. Could be your battery bit the dust, but its a little early to scrap it if you're willing to try a deep discharge revive.

Any idea on the battery age?

It is literally 1 month old

1 - 9 of 9 Posts