My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be better to buy one of these from a Dealer or Lowes or home depot? I have read alot of reviews some good and some bad. I am a mechanic and do my own repairs.

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
If you buy from a dealer some times you can get a better price, and better service, I would sugust the LA115 or X300 because the gear drive is hard to shift and when backing up with the PTO on it is hard.
What is the size of your yard? What else do you plan on using it for? Do you have hills?

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
even though you may do your own repairs, keep in mind the DEALER will do any major warranty repairs should you need them. you may get 10% off at a box store, but you will be at the back of the line at the dealer service dept should you require service. to me, the dealer is the better option.
:ditto::ditto::fing32:.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Buy from the dealer, read my recent experiance at the dealer it started off bad but they are coming through on it and replacing the deck. Not sure if it would have happened if I got it from Lowes. If I were you I would go for the 115 it is nice not having to shift gears.
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=142565

1 - 5 of 5 Posts