My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed the trans drive belt. In doing so I had to pull off the plug to the deck PTO clucth. Got the belt changed, plugged the PTO clutch back in, pulled the switch for the deck and the motor dies. This didn't happen before the belt change. Is there a reset safety switch that has to be reset after hooking it back up? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You
Snake

·
Registered
244 Posts
Sounds like it's binding. Make sure belt is correct length and it's not binding against something. Did you replace the belt cause it broke? Maybe a bearing is frozen on a shaft?

·
Super Moderator
29,532 Posts
:Welcome1:

first thing is to pull teh PTO belt off. if it still does it, then either the PTO is binding due to improper reinstallation, or you have a safety bypassed/acting up and it thinks you are either reversing or not in the seat. the L series would die completely if the PTO was engaged and it thought a safety was being called to use, whereas the newer machien jsut cut the PTO off and the engine stays running.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your help. I went back out unhooked it and rehooked it and it came to life.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts