My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have JD l111 , change drivebelt , center pullys and it was working fine last week . Cut grass no problem . Yesterday , started up while driving to clean it , I noticed rattling of the park brake . After hosing it down , I restarted and tried to go in reverse but would not catch right away , went forward but was slow at first and brake lever was rattling . Stopped check center pullys , all good , noticed transmission fan had broken fans . Could broken cause this problem?

·
Super Moderator
28,721 Posts
Frankbrown, welcome to MTF! I suspect that noises you heard probably were pieces of fan coming loose especially the rattling due to vibration of uneven balance. Hopefully some other members that know more about your model will come along and answer the question more thoroughly.

I've put a link to the L111 JD online parts page which has a lot of exploded diagrams that can help in determining issues:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sort of unrelated to your question but I suggest you stop hosing it down. Water is the worst thing for your tractor and mower deck. Cut when the grass is dry and blow it off with a leaf blower.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts