My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My John deere hd75 hydrostatic walk behind is testing my patience. It was running last week beautifuly! It sat about a week and now it won't start, there is no fuel getting to the carb I realized.
Replaced the fuel pump, fuel line isn't clogged, can blow back into the tank with no restrictions, does not want to blow into the carb, it will fire quick if u put some fuel directly into the carb, the fuel tank does leak fuel if filled above the pick up on the outside of the tank
Im puzzled and looking for some help, Thanks

·
LBAD Victim
947 Posts
Do you have spark? Roger
My John deere hd75 hydrostatic walk behind is testing my patience. It was running last week beautifuly! It sat about a week and now it won't start, there is no fuel getting to the carb I realized.
Replaced the fuel pump, fuel line isn't clogged, can blow back into the tank with no restrictions, does not want to blow into the carb, it will fire quick if u put some fuel directly into the carb, the fuel tank does leak fuel if filled above the pick up on the outside of the tank

You stated that it fires off of gas poured directly in your carburetor. I would try to clean your carburetor. Perhaps a stuck float. I have had floats stick in the closed position before.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have spark? Roger

You stated that it fires off of gas poured directly in your carburetor. I would try to clean your carburetor. Perhaps a stuck float. I have had floats stick in the closed position before.
That's a good idea. Would a stuck float cause all those symptoms but run when gas is put into the carb? Sorry I'm not good at the small engine stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,711 Posts
I would first check that you are getting fuel to the carb, but putting the end of the fuel line at the carb into a small bucket and trying to start the engine. You should get some fuel out of it fairly quickly.

·
LBAD Victim
947 Posts
That's a good idea. Would a stuck float cause all those symptoms but run when gas is put into the carb? Sorry I'm not good at the small engine stuff.
If the float is stuck in the closed position, yes. The fuel is drawn up from the bowl into the carb throat. By putting gas into the carb throat, you are bypassing the float and jets.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts