My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Tech Nerd Tractor Convert
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get the occasional dandelion in the yard but not enough of them to justify spreading a lot of chemicals around.

So I asked the wife to pick up a hand weeder while she was out the other day at Lowe's. She picked this up. Recognize the colors?

Already tossed the packaging but I'm pretty sure it's not a Deere.:ROF Doesn't mean you can't stay color coordinated though...

·
Registered
444 Posts
Re-paint to match the Cub!:ROF

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Well there goes the extra buck.

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,642 Posts
Where's the motor?

·
Tech Nerd Tractor Convert
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does it work?
Well, it works better than the flathead screwdriver I was using previously. At least with this one the fork helps it stay positioned on the root of the weed instead of just lifting a random clod of sod and hoping the weed comes with it.

However while browsing around the net trying to identify the brand of this one I did run across other designs that have "leverage bars" that would seem to work better. As it is, with the straight shaft green/yellow one above I have to purposely pinch my fingers between the shaft and the ground in order to get leverage.

Shanghai Worth Green Thumb Hand Weeder
(wonder if this is made in China? Actually they probably all are...)

Corona eGrip Hand Tool/Weeder

Yeoman Steel Daisy Grubber Hand Held

Where's the motor?
I opted for the "remote actuator" model with the manual assist lever. Runs on 10% alcohol plus assorted carbs. :trink23: :trink40:

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I use to use a golf corse putting green cup makeing tool , ( just an old pipe welded on a t handel ) this cuts around the main roots and get the whole plant out. Then you'lll have a nice putting green . :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts