My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
garden tractor junkie
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks i am going to day to trade my 8000 watt running and working generator for a running mowing gt275. Can anybody tell me the pros and cons to this series? I have never owned this series! I love my old stuff 60's 70's early 80's. I am pretty stoked about getting it. photo for looks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,851 Posts
Try the search option this question was just asked a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
864 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,726 Posts
Ok folks i am going to day to trade my 8000 watt running and working generator for a running mowing gt275. Can anybody tell me the pros and cons to this series? I have never owned this series! I love my old stuff 60's 70's early 80's. I am pretty stoked about getting it. photo for looks!
The GT275 was Made Between 1995 & 1998 The tractor was used as the Base for the Sabre Yard and Garden tractors and the Scott's By JD Yard & Garden tractors and was also use for the Base of the JD G100. The GT275 uses a Steel front axle While the Sabre & Scott's Yard and Garden and the JD G100 used a cast Iron front Axle. The Axle Pivot Point is Kind of the Achilles Heal of this Model as well as it sister Models the GT242 and GT262. The GT275 does use a On Board spring assist(but the spring assist is not adjustable for different Implement weights) which You will find In the Later GT200 series. The GT200 was another try By Deere to Make a Price Point Tractor(lower Cost) and the GT242 thru GT275 very very Popular tractors Besides Mowing duties that Handle snow removal and Lite Dozer Blade work as well as a 30inch Belt driven Mechanical tiller and a Manual lift Integral Hitch(Sleeve Hitch). If You do run Into Pivot or Front axle Problems I did Put up a List of what You need to convert it to a cast Iron Font axle https://www.mytractorforum.com/215-john-deere-faq-stickies-section/205725-parts-needed-convert-gt242-gt262-gt275-steel-front-axle-cast-iron-front-axle.html.

Congrats On Your New to You GT275:thThumbsU

·
Registered
662 Posts
The GT275 was Made Between 1995 & 1998 The tractor was used as the Base for the Sabre Yard and Garden tractors and the Scott's By JD Yard & Garden tractors and was also use for the Base of the JD G100. The GT275 uses a Steel front axle While the Sabre & Scott's Yard and Garden and the JD G100 used a cast Iron front Axle. The Axle Pivot Point is Kind of the Achilles Heal of this Model as well as it sister Models the GT242 and GT262. The GT275 does use a On Board spring assist(but the spring assist is not adjustable for different Implement weights) which You will find In the Later GT200 series. The GT200 was another try By Deere to Make a Price Point Tractor(lower Cost) and the GT242 thru GT275 very very Popular tractors Besides Mowing duties that Handle snow removal and Lite Dozer Blade work as well as a 30inch Belt driven Mechanical tiller and a Manual lift Integral Hitch(Sleeve Hitch). If You do run Into Pivot or Front axle Problems I did Put up a List of what You need to convert it to a cast Iron Font axle https://www.mytractorforum.com/215-john-deere-faq-stickies-section/205725-parts-needed-convert-gt242-gt262-gt275-steel-front-axle-cast-iron-front-axle.html.

Great post, very informative.

·
garden tractor junkie
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Thanks for all the info i will post when i get it or if i do. Thank you very much!

·
Registered
122 Posts
I’ve had one for a bit. It’s been fantastic. Mows great with 48” deck. Easy to work on and powers through snow with 48” thrower. The plastic hoods are definitely a weak point.

·
Super Moderator
15,726 Posts
I’ve had one for a bit. It’s been fantastic. Mows great with 48” deck. Easy to work on and powers through snow with 48” thrower. The plastic hoods are definitely a weak point.

Deere only made a 38 or 42inch single stage snow thrower for it I think your few inches off on the actual clearing width:thThumbsU

·
Registered
502 Posts

I recently bought a 2005 GT 245. Only had 186 hours on it. Is that a plastic hood on it too? Is there any best way to clean it to keep it looking nice and not scratch it up?
Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts