My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided against the diesel version.

The gas 620i like I wanted it came to exactly 15K and that was enough. The diesel would have easily added 1K to the cost and more smell in my garage.

I test drove one tonight and it's great. Can't wait for the truck to arrive with mine on it.

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
I decided against the diesel version.

The gas 620i like I wanted it came to exactly 15K and that was enough. The diesel would have easily added 1K to the cost and more smell in my garage.

I test drove one tonight and it's great. Can't wait for the truck to arrive with mine on it.
:thThumbsU :thThumbsU Good for you Tom .. I look forward to photos of it .. I personally would have gotten the gas model also :trink39:

·
9K+ Poster
12,163 Posts
Keweenaw,

Congrats on your new addition! :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have been wanting a Gator for awhile but just don't have the money for a new one. I have seen a used 2006 Gator 4x4 with the hydralic dump with 204 hrs and their asking $6,500. I tried doing a little searching and under the John Deere web site for 2009 they list the XUV and the HPX. I'm not sure what the difference is but the list price is about $1,000 less for the HPX. Did they have the two different types in 2006 and does 204 hrs. seem like a lot of hours for a 2006 Gator? Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Curt.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
204 hours doesn't sound like any hours to worry about.

Not sure what they offered in 2006 but I'd get the model number and do some searching for specs since the HPX is a smaller machine I think. I'd want to know what I was getting other than the fact it's a gator.
Many options and variations in there to consider.

Check out http://www.machinefinder.com to find a bunch of them used and nearly new.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Looks like the difference is the motor. As far as the hours on the 2006 Gator that's about what we have on our 2006. And that's not using it everyday. We have the TS, 2 wheel drive, gas, electric dump bed and it was 6200.00. At the time they quoted us 10 grand for a 4x4. This was in 2006. It's been worth every penny we've spent on it. And still has lots of life left in it. We bought the gas engine because it was quieter to take to tractor shows.

I have been wanting a Gator for awhile but just don't have the money for a new one. I have seen a used 2006 Gator 4x4 with the hydralic dump with 204 hrs and their asking $6,500. I tried doing a little searching and under the John Deere web site for 2009 they list the XUV and the HPX. I'm not sure what the difference is but the list price is about $1,000 less for the HPX. Did they have the two different types in 2006 and does 204 hrs. seem like a lot of hours for a 2006 Gator? Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Curt.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Hope you enjoy your new toy err tool. We bought a loaded 2005 TH 6x4 gasser that only has 221 hrs on it a month or so ago and the wife really likes it as it is mainly hers for doing yard work as the little JD 10P utility cart looks kinda silly behind the 2320 and it is a pain to keep changing out 3pt items to haul a cart. The gators are very useful tools IMO and should give you years of service so only one thing to say.... Enjoy if you survive the wait.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My dealer had a similar unit that he offered to let me take and add the options that I ordered and I'd have it right away.

But it has 5.3 hours on it. If I'm spending over 15K for a Gator, I'm putting the first 5 hours on it.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the offer Team Green. What a pal!

The dealer's trying to get it ready for me over the next couple of days. Windshield and possibly skid plates went on today.

·
Retired MTF Founder & Administrator
15,755 Posts
welcome ghitch... nice unit...

those gators looks slick.... they look like a good way to fetch some firewood.....

congrats on the new machine tom... still awaiting pics!!! you getting it today?

·
9K+ Poster
12,163 Posts
ghitch,

Welcome to the forum! :Welcome1:

·
Retired and Busy!
10,175 Posts
Tom

I am officially jealous now! I have had my eye on one for several years also. I hope to get one sometime. Can’t wait for your pictures and review. Good luck! :fing32:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts