My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many different front mounted thatchers did John Deere make?

I see some advertised for JD 140 and 318 for instance and then ones for JD 111 and lx173.

OR did John Deere just make 1 version with extensions and different mounting kits?

:banghead3

·
Registered
136 Posts
pretty sure the thatcher is the same but the mounting brackets are different. the mounting brackets from Deere are spendy at nearly the same cost as the thatcher itself so keep that in mind should you buy one that has a bracket for another tractor.

·
Registered
282 Posts
If you can even find the mounting brackets anymore. The kit for my GT235 was not available. Took me forever to get what I needed.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
found a person with the mounting bracket still in original box never used wants 75 for it and I found the front thatcher they want $200 for it I am going to offer 125 hope for 150 to get it

Put these on the front of the SXT38 and a few items crossed of the list to get

:bananapow

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me. If I could get a good used front mount thatcher for $200-$250 I would jump on it!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
scored the STX38 front thatcher mounting bracket for $75. I pick -up a new to me front thatcher in the morning price $85 and it comes with the mounting bracket from a LX172.

will post pics when all is home!!!!

Anyone ever use a snow blower on a STX38, how are they at moving the snow?

I have a good walk behind but being able to use the mower for more seat time might be nice lol

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Attachments are all home and safe. Great condition to I might add.

Scored a JS63C walk behind last night free. Just got to find out what is wrong with it.

The garage is filling up with green pretty quick

·
16,615 Posts
Thats usually how it happens--get one thing, or look for one thing--and three pop up....sometimes the deals are so good--you can't [pass up on them---

glenn

·
Premium Member
9,781 Posts
Attachments are all home and safe. Great condition to I might add.

Scored a JS63C walk behind last night free. Just got to find out what is wrong with it.

The garage is filling up with green pretty quick
Good deal on the green machines. Now on to something really important. Did you catch that large mouth around here?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts