My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Only Green For Me!
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does John Deere sell Factory Service Manuals for their compact tractors? Not talking about the owners manual that comes with the tractor, but the actual Service Manual. Would be interested in one for my 2520 as I have a few "modifications" planned. I have the service manuals for pretty much everything I own, and would like one for the 2520. I will call my dealer in the morning, but thought I would ask here first.

·
Only Green For Me!
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Excellent. Thanks very much!

·
Great Site Good People
6,659 Posts
Its like my service manual for my 2305. I am glad I have it and hope I never need it.:fing32:

·
Registered
49 Posts
yeah, JD is an awesome machine! :Tractor2:
but when it comes to parts and accessories they keep things locked up pretty tight and don't want to let go of anything without a hefty price tag!!!:hide:

·
Registered
157 Posts
I made my own parts catalog for the 955 by printing off all of the pages from the jdparts website. I would think that it would be considered public domain since the info is available on a free website. But.... I'm no copyright attourney.

Now the Tech Manual..... that is another story as it is not offered anywhere on a free website.

·
Only Green For Me!
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I knew the Service Manual would be expensive, so that does not surprise me. Same with the Harley and same with the Corvette. You want the manual, your going to pay a little bit. No CD version for me either. I want the entire manual right out there with me if I am working on something. Not going to keep running back in the house printing off pages.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Found another source for electronic versions of the manuals. Select Manuals. You have the option of either purchasing a download or for about $6 more you can have a CD sent to you. I chose the download since I can get it instantly and if I really wanted it on a CD, I just burn it onto a CD at home. I just downloaded a copy of TM1360 for my newly aquired 955 & 855 for $25.

·
Only Green For Me!
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Found another source for electronic versions of the manuals. Select Manuals. You have the option of either purchasing a download or for about $6 more you can have a CD sent to you. I chose the download since I can get it instantly and if I really wanted it on a CD, I just burn it onto a CD at home. I just downloaded a copy of TM1360 for my newly aquired 955 & 855 for $25.
Seems to be mostly older equipment. Nothing on there for the 2520. Wonder too if that site is licensed by John Deere?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I was searching around the net the other day for some information on the 955's engine and by pure luck I stubled upon a university's website and link to some related files. On that site, I found the entire CTM03 manual in .pdf format. Of course I quickly downloaded the file to add to my 955 literature as who knows how long it will go undetected. Free is always a good price....

·
Only Green For Me!
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just received my JD Factory Service Manual and Parts Manual via UPS today. I bought the printed versions as I would rather have the entire manual with me if I am working on something rather than a few printed pages from a CD.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts