My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weight transfer valve on my f710 won’t stay in the up position. This is the valve that lifts the mower deck. I’m going to assume that the shaft in the valve has some sort of detent on it and when you pull up on it to raise the deck it stays. I’d have to tap it pretty hard on the past to lower the deck. Now the shaft just drops down and if I want to keep the deck raised I have to hold it up or maybe put a wedge under the handle. Has anyone had this issue? Thought I’d ask before I dig into it.
Here is a photo I pulled off the net of the valve.
Thanks Z

Attachments

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I have a F725. Assuming yours is like mine, and it sounds like it is, there is no "up" position. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere in the manual that forcing it to stay up would cause hydraulic system damage.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, ever since I got it and the previous owner you would raise the knob and the shaft would stay up along with the deck. I would do this while moving around while not cutting. To drop the deck you would just push it down. I figured this was the norm.

I’ve removed the deck and lift linkage and am in the process of adapting a 48” atv snow plow. I can deal with holding up the knob manually if that’s proper procedure for short periods of time. Seems it would make sense for the deck to stay up by itself though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe my shaft was sticky and then just freed up. When I bought it I drove it 3 miles home with the deck up without having to hold the knob. I’ve had it three years and it operated the same until this year. I had it for sale and couldn’t give it away. Everyone thought it had a bad valve. It really doesn’t do well with the hills in the yard and I’ve gone back to a garden tractor for grass cutting. Thought I’d put the plow on and make a universal bucket out of it too. Might as well use it for something.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Steddy how wide was the snow blower, did it work well. I thought about putting a blower on it but finding an oem would be next to impossible. The plow won’t require much fan work. I’ll get some pics up soon.
Z

·
Professional Homeowner
7,013 Posts
Hey Steddy how wide was the snow blower, did it work well. I thought about putting a blower on it but finding an oem would be next to impossible. The plow won’t require much fan work. I’ll get some pics up soon.
Z
Honestly I don't recall how wide. Maybe 42" single stage with electric chute rotation? There's a heater available for these, too. I even had a factory cab with. It was pretty roached out, though. I ended up splitting it up and selling pretty cheap.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,335 Posts
I have a F935. It has weight transfer valve, but the deck lift is one of the auxiliary valves. If the F710 doesn’t have auxiliary valve, why not just add one. The F935 has two valves, which is great for blade (lift and angle).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I bought a 48” Polaris snow plow and modified it to fit. It worked out well as it had the “A” frame type mount instead of the single rail style. Other than a bit ugly on the welds it turned out well.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts