My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tractor will not start and I am pretty sure it is the solenoid/starter. I am having trouble accessing that part. What is the easiest way to remove the left fender?

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
You might get a lot more response in the section devoted to John Deere, located a bit higher up in the main page.
tom

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried that. When I got to John Deere and try to post a new thread, it tells me to log in. When I login, it tells me invalid username or password. I am already logged in though and for some reason cannot start a new thread.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I bought it from my brother in law, he said the ignition switch was going bad. When turning the key, it would not always "make contact" and turn over. It had begun to take more tries to get it to turn over and start, so I planned to replace it this spring. It got to the point where I needed to charge my battery before each start. I replaced the ignition switch to no avail. It made no difference other than it won't even start with a full charge. My attention shifted to the starter/solenoid. However, I cannot access this part without taking off the left fender. I removed every bolt I can see and feel but still cannot get the fender off. I can find now exploded view anywhere that might help me see what I am missing.

·
Super Moderator
25,889 Posts
Sounds like your battery is old or is being drained by something when not in use. I would try a known good battery and see if it fires each time. Might just be loose battery cables too or a bad ground or even a bad battery cable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts