My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imagejpeg_0.jpg imagejpeg_0(1).jpg
Can anybody tell me what model cornplanter this is. There's also a picture of one of the hoppers. I think it's A 999 model. Trying to find parts. It's a John Deere 3 point hitch.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,996 Posts
You might want to move the to the John Deere large tractor forum as this is the garden tractor section. Roger

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
Not sure when 3 point hitch was installed on tractors. But I think that planter predates it. Dad had one like that when I was just a little guy 60 years ago. That planter was an antique even then.

·
Registered
51 Posts
60 years ago my dad had a 4 row planter that was two 2-row horse drawn planters with the tongues cut off and welded to a tool bar with a tractor tongue. On first glance this planter reminded me of those planters though the seats that existed on my dad's planter are not there. I think what Ariens (above) is saying and I suspect he is correct, is that someone took a planter that was not originally a 3 point mounted planter and converted it to a 3 point mount (kind of like my dad's 4 row planter). I am not any kind of a planter guy but you might do some searching on John Deere 999 planters. It looks a lot like some of those tho I could be wrong. You can find some parts for those planters on-line I believe.

VDO

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
It's had the 3-pt added on and it's newer than a 999. The press wheels are split and on an angle on the 999 with individual bearings/axles so each half of the wheel turns by itself.. yours looks to be next newer model and no you wont get parts for it unless you can find another one thats been in a shed and make 1 planter out of the 2.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts