My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so a person I know has 2 of these bells they are trying to get rid of. Anyone see these before and if so whats a good price on them?

This isn't the exact pic of one but its exactly the same.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Interesting. Looks like a post mount?
Probably used to call the hands in for dinner.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah they are post mounts here is another picture like the ones she has showing the mounts it uses.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I would guess that since it says "Independence 1776" it may have been made for the 1976 bicentennial.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Looks like the value is from $25 to $48,000. The $25 price is from a sale from Goodwill. The $48K was for an antique one that is much larger. This is probably a modern replica, so value would be significantly less. Probably worth more than $25. How badly do you want it?

eBay auction to get an okay price on it would be the best path for selling, assuming it is not a very old one. A really old one needs to sell at a well attended antiques auction.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried looking around for them and came up with the same results. These ones appear to be the bicentennial editions. So like 44 years old. I don't believe they are repo's but ill know more when I get back home from vacation tomorrow. Im going to go look at them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts