My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago I had a post about my tractor running too lean but didnt get much response. So here we go again. Ive cleaned the carb checked everything I could think of, replaced the manifold gasket and still nothing. It will at least start on its own now. I had it running tonight and the exhaust pipe glows red and I only ran it about half idle for about 3 min. Need some help here please!!!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I would check the timing forst thing, as this can be part of the problem. It sounds like there is still an intternal problem with the carb causing a very lean condition.

·
Premium Member
5,747 Posts
I vote for retarded timing also. If it is really lean, it will be on the verge of stalling all the time. If it runs steadily, the timing is retarded, and not just a few degrees, more like 20 or 30.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
finally got the time to get the magneto off and wow was it ever off. i have no idea how it was even running at all. everything inside was super loose and the little dogs that kick out when it spins were froze up. took it to shop we'll see what happens. thanks all who helped to find the problem hopefully this fixes my problems

1 - 7 of 7 Posts