My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
CRL
25 Posts
So has anyone converted a newer quick tach off a newer year CUT to fit the older 55 series tractors. I have several quick tach fronts from different John Deere CUTs and have found one that is close to the frame width from a 2305 series tractor. My current 855 has a older version of Deere's quick mount setup but that is cumbersome compared to the newer setups. My other dilemma is that i use my snowblower, boom and blade off of our 2305 and 2520 tractors a lot in the winter, but those don't have cabs on them. The 855 has a Mauser cab and snowblower. So I was thinking about ordering the front bent piece to attach the mount on the top from a John Deere 1023 and fabricating side brackets for the lower that mount to the side frame of the 855. I know the quick tach will fit from the 1023 top mount cause i have done that using the 2305 mount on the 1023...with no cab I might say. It also looks like the attachment drive shafts are about the same lengths to the 855 attaching mount for the mid PTO drive shaft. I would really like to use my golden painted Deere attachments on this tractor rather than dropping 20+ thousand on a new setup. Also the fact that it upsets me that Deere makes a 2026r with a Mauser factory cab in Augusta Georgia and sells it overseas. Look on Deere's web site or Google it for a 2026r. That set up is what I need to a tee. Everything I own would fit and work. The 2xxx series is ideal for what I'm doing on a daily basis. So come on Deere get your crap together to sell it in the USA. I don't want your 2025r without a Mauser cab and those of you who have a cabless 2025r will want a 2026r cab version once you see it. I don't like Cozy or Curtis cab after using my current Mauser on my 855. My only other option would be a JoDale Perry Cab. I only use my 855 in the winter with snow blower, blade and broom and in the Spring and Fall when its cold using a 72 inch Landpride Aerator. So there is no mower deck that needs to be thought about hooking up, and no loader. I have a skid loader for that, and have several mowers for mowing. I use my equipment to make a daily living. So what does one think about this rant and question.

·
CRL
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I set out to make an adapter bracket using the 2305 quick tach unit and the mounting piece from the 1025 series front end. This is what I ended up making that attaches to the 855 pto and frame.

Attachments

·
CRL
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
Ok next step was to fix the hoses as they needed extended. No problem off to local hose maker and and Im in business. I now have an 855 with a 60 Blade in use. Next is the broom modification. Have an old broom that needs bristles and had the local drive line shop weld me up a longer drive shaft. Heres pics of Blade and will post with the broom later on.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
So today I got the 52 Quick tach broom back together with new bristles, straightened some bent sheet metal and cut the new drive shaft to length. Took it out for a spin on cleaning sand in the street and it worked. Now i have an older heated cab tractor that I can use newer quick tach attachments with and saved $24000.00 on needing to buy a new set up. Here'
IMG_1107.jpg
s a pic of the broom.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts