My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any feedback about this tractor? I'm thinking of buying one. It has 450hrs on it but no loader. I have briefly looked at the cost of loaders for this machine and am only now recovering from sticker shock. Asking price $4600. Any advice? Thanks, Farmer John.

·
9K+ Poster
12,151 Posts
Farmer John,

Great tractors, condition and maintenance is everything. Is there a documented history available? :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Condition is just OK. Bought by current owner at an auction. He has been using it to mow and level a driveway, both operations with implements too big for it. Loaders for this tractor seem scarce, but maybe I'm just not looking in the right places. Heard JD engines are not sleeved, thus not as reliable as others. True? Thanks.

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
John Deere's used to use reliable Kawasaki engines, but they got rid of those in favour of the I-Torque engines, I don't know anything about them engines. The X750 machines should be diesal though and I have always found a diesal engine to be reliable, well, except in the winter cold starts lol.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
John Deere's used to use reliable Kawasaki engines, but they got rid of those in favour of the I-Torque engines, I don't know anything about them engines. The X750 machines should be diesal though and I have always found a diesal engine to be reliable, well, except in the winter cold starts lol.
Termy,

FYI I-Torque is a JD moniker on Kawasaki engines and the 750 is a 4wd 3cyl diesel CUT not a GT.

·
Just passing through
8,419 Posts
Condition is just OK. Bought by current owner at an auction. He has been using it to mow and level a driveway, both operations with implements too big for it. Loaders for this tractor seem scarce, but maybe I'm just not looking in the right places. Heard JD engines are not sleeved, thus not as reliable as others. True? Thanks.

Care to elaborate that statement...

750 has a 20 hp Yanmar Diesel...it is a good engine...but won't stand being abused...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've got a 750 diesel and I really like it. Bought it new in 1985. Always starts on winter here in Mich. I have to use the glow plug heaters but thats normal for diesel. The whole tractor is made by Yanmar.

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,623 Posts
Tewitt1949 you do realize this is an 11 year old post and was in the wrong forum anyway? Roger
I was beginning to think I'd found the Twilight Zone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts