My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey chief! The 7 BH works on the 850/855 and 950/955 series CUTs too! I have one on my 955.

Jim K in PA

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've got the 7 on my 770 and it will pull the tractor around all day. Had to chain the tractor to a tree when I moved a big rock a few months back.

770 with a 70 loader and a 7 backhoe, kind of redundant.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
A backhoe is definitely on my wish list for my 4310.

I was wondering if my machine is big enough to get some real work like stump digging done with a backhoe.

Is your 770 similar in size to the 790? If so then it's close to the same HP as my 4310 which is a 32 HP machine.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tom, the 48 and 448 is recommended for your machine. I would suggest the 48 hoe as it is beefy enough and will more than likely do all that you want it to do. These hoes come with a subframe which is VERY important and will distribute the shock loads of the digging process. You may be able to find a new old stock 47 hoe that you could possibly get a discount on that would work as well.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Chief, thanks for the info.

I've got a rough price in my head of 8,000 for a 48 hoe. That's more than I'd pay at this point but in the future? maybe.

I have checked into finding a used one and have come across some on machinefinder for the mid 4,000's.

I drove by a dealer in upper michigan and saw an obviously used 48 sitting there disconnected. I stopped in and asked about it. They said it was being worked on for a customer. That was in June or so. It's still sitting there. ****, I'd love to get my hands on a good ho - hoe, or however you spell it.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tom, a good friend who goes by the username of kwschumm on another board has a 47 hoe for his 4310. I am sure Ken will be more than happy to give you his appraisal of how he likes his hoe.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Keweenaw4310 said:
Chief, thanks for the info.

I've got a rough price in my head of 8,000 for a 48 hoe. That's more than I'd pay at this point but in the future? maybe.

I have checked into finding a used one and have come across some on machinefinder for the mid 4,000's.

I drove by a dealer in upper michigan and saw an obviously used 48 sitting there disconnected. I stopped in and asked about it. They said it was being worked on for a customer. That was in June or so. It's still sitting there. ****, I'd love to get my hands on a good ho - hoe, or however you spell it.
A used hoe would be a good option. I sure wouldn't hurt to swing by the dealer and inquire if the owner wants to keep it. You never can tell as a hoe is an item that many folks buy with intentions of lots of use and then find that is just sets. If the owner is inclinded to part with it; I would check out the pins, bushings, hoses, evidence of hard/abusive use such as cracks or weld repairs and if it looks pretty good, make an offer. The big trick is going to be getting it home as those things are a mother to move without mounting to a tractor. If you do mount it to your tractor and take it home; be SURE you measure the dipper stick height on the trailer and ENSURE it is below 13ft. 6inches. I have had to repair hoes that the owner forgot about that and it got ripped off the back of the tractor on the trailer when it hit a bridge over pass. Ouch!!!! :fing20:

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
€hieƒ™ said:
Tom, a good friend who goes by the username of kwschumm on another board has a 47 hoe for his 4310. I am sure Ken will be more than happy to give you his appraisal of how he likes his hoe.
Do you have an email address for him, or which forum is he on?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes, the 770 is pretty close to a 790. Same frame with a few less ponies under the hood (23 gross HP). I'm pretty pleased with the performance of the 7 hoe. I've dug in drain lines, taken out several stumps and rocks with it, and used it to take out shrubs on a house where I thought I was going to have to butter the sides to get to them. If their sidewalk were much smaller, I would have been doing it by hand. It's so nice to have a small machine. I was surprised (and somewhat concerned) at how small (in diameter) the cylinders are compared to other brands. I looked at several other brands before finding this used one. It doesn't have many hours (I saw the original tractor it came on) but it was on a 790 that was a rental and you could tell. It has had a hard life but gets the job done for me. I am in the market for a new machine anyway and I believe I added more value than it cost me so I should come out ahead. I'm a little disappointed at the breakout with the bucket, but I was used to a full size NH backhoe and various mini excavators so it's probably fine by most standards. I was told by a non-JD dealer that the JD hoes are made by Amerequip (www.amerequip.com). He even priced me one. You may check them out as an alternative to JD. They'll paint it green if you want! The specs seem very similar to what I have. This was before the introduction of the curved boom hoes so I'm not sure who makes the newer 448 hoes for Deere. Maybe someone else could shed some light on that. At the time I was really looking at new ones, I didn't have time to install it and the prices I got were about $6,000-7,000 installed. I think the new JD would have given me the best bang for my buck as it is an 8.5' dig depth and the others I checked out were 6.5' and about the same price. Plus, now I have the power beyond kit if I want to run other attachments. I couldn't believe how much that kit was though. I think it was $200+ for some hoses and fittings that I could carry with two fingers.

As side note, since I got this one used, I had to install it and the power beyond kit myself. It turned out to be much easier than I anticipated. Granted, the hoe itself was already assembled, but it wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be since I didn't even have the instructions.

Sorry for the long post.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Thanks Brandon!

You explanation of how the used backhoe worked out for you was excellent. That's exactly what I'm looking to find out there. I'd go for a used and slightly worn out backhoe if I could find one. I really would only need it occationally.

If you're happy with the performance on your 770, it puts to side my concerns about my machine being too underpowered to handle such an attachment.

I haven't checked out amerequip yet but I will. Seems like they should have an agreement with JD not to sell the same units on the side to fit to JD machines.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was searching the internet for information on the JD 7 backhoe for my JD790 and ran across this website. I joined and I finally get to post!

I tried getting a hold of a dealer of Amerequip but all I got was the distrubtor who couldn’t give me any info or prices. He suggested a dealer, and I picked a non JD dealer as you (bjepple) suggested. The guy had no idea what I was talking about so he had someone call me back when “SHE” called me back she said that they would think that the JD 7 backhoe would be better and wouldn’t even give me any info on the amerequip 6600 which by the way looks almost exactly like the JD 7 backhoe.

Well I am looking for a 300 loader and a 7 backhoe for my JD790 so if anyone knows how I could get a used one that would be great. The local JD dealer told my dad that they would sell us both installed for $10500 which is way out of our budget. We are just looking for a used one maybe someone doesn’t really use theirs or maybe one from a rental place etc. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks guys -Stephen

·
Registered
5 Posts
can anyone send me pictures of hanging brackets for the model7 backhoe to mount on a jd 955 bought one that came off of a 750 and think that i only need to mod the hanging brackets and buy a power beyond kit
Thanks
[email protected]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts