My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Friends,
Why does this blade not have a replaceable scraper bar? Are there two models one with a replacement scraper bar and one without? It is a 2008 model

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have 2 of these blades and the one in your photo looks to be worn past the holes in the moldboard.

·
Registered
287 Posts
It seems that someone has removed the scraper bar. It cost me about $30 last time I had to replace mine.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Is the scraper bar just stuck in the dirt? blade looks way too new to have been worn off.

·
Shop = My Therapy
3,157 Posts
It looks worn down to the angle iron on the back. The side shoes look all the way up and they are level with the bottom. Never seen one without the scraper bar???

·
Registered
316 Posts
Is the scraper bar just stuck in the dirt? blade looks way too new to have been worn off.
Then where are the attaching holes for the scraper bar?

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
That thing looks worn out. Or its burried in the ground. Looks like the skids are worn off too.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I have 2 of these blades and the one in your photo looks to be worn past the holes in the moldboard.

Looks like someone was too tight to replace the scraper edge!!
Simple matter with a piece of 3/8" steel 54" long.
I would suggest your getting a new piece of grader blade and drilling new holes above the angle on back. grader blade will last and last and last!!!!!!!

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
13,947 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Well, I have some addition pictures. $350 asking price seems really high after these pictures

Previous owner just totally wore out the cutter and mounting holes for the cutter.
If it is a hyd lift and angle (In good condition), price doesn't sound too bad. However,with the fix required I would try too negotiate with the owner/dealer.
Probably a welding shop could help you out on fixing it.
What do the Hyd's look like? Any pictures of them and the rest of the blade attachments?

·
John Deere 445
263 Posts
Looks to me like someone cut off the flange for the cutting edge. Cutting edges and blades i had and seen never wear straight across. They wear the outer edges much more then the center from angling.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I just went down to basement and measured the actual metal worn off the bottom of blade (below angle) and there is 1 1/2" gone including the holes for the replacement cutter edge.
Sad that a person would be too lazy or cheap as not to replace the cutter and save this problem being made. Maybe they just didn't know better (for the benifit of doubt) of the previous owner.

I would say it all depends on the hyd's and their condition.
It can be repaired but it will cost a little even if you are able to do the welding!
Good luck!!!
I paid $600 for mine in almost new condition LUCKY BREAK for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
It's not easy being green
348 Posts
Keep looking or get the price down.

·
10K and Climbin!
12,344 Posts
Keep looking or get the price down.

Offer them $150 firm as you need a new front blade tell them. It doesn't matter how it looks the thing is trashed!! Looking @ JD parts the blade is $530 before shipping!!:banghead3 If they bite, weld a hunk of angle iron on / drill it for the new scraper edge & squegee you need to buy.. Just a suggestion..

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Oh Man ! That poor blade was Used hard!!! forget about being put away wet . One might be able to say this is a good example of using too much down pressure all the time will do to a snow plow . Yes it could be repaired , but you would also do well the check for wear around the moldboard pivot shaft and its mounting holes

All that could have been avoided by either the use of the squeegee edge and or checking for wear once or twice ? a snow season .

This blades only a 2008 so this was done in 2-3 winters ! I 'm surprised the runners are still mounted even if they are set to the highest setting .

1 - 20 of 23 Posts