My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So somehow I broke the key off in the ignition the other day. So I pulled the switch and removed the key. I went to put it back in today and it wont start. I have lights, directionals, and it turns over but wont fire. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

·
9K+ Poster
12,162 Posts
Other than the obvious, a wire somehow swapped, I don't see what would cause your starting issue. That said, I'm no mechanic so hopefully some of our gurus will chime in. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With the way that the leads plug into the female side of the wiring it is not possible to install it wrong.. I did spray a bit of lubricant into key hole to help it out. Could that cerate an issue? That's the only thing I can think of.. if it is the issue would the unit work again once any of the moisture in it dries out or would it be shot?

·
Premium Member
8,084 Posts
Oil can act as an insulator, so the lubrication spray maybe your culprit. I would get a can of spray electronics cleaner from Radio Shack or someplace like that and hose down the inside of the key switch with that. That should wash out any oil that might be causing the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts