My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I just bought a 445 and can not figure out how to raise and lower the 3 pt hitch.
It has the JD 40 front end loader and it works fine. I have taken off the 60 inch deck
as I mow with a 324. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
27,371 Posts
Should be on the same spool as your deck lift. Likely with the 40 loader on it there is a lockout valve in place and that will need to be opened to allow the rear hitch to raise and lower. The valve should be down around where you hydraulic lines connect. Look for a knurled nob or a some that looks like a black wingnut.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should be on the same spool as your deck lift. Likely with the 40 loader on it there is a lockout valve in place and that will need to be opened to allow the rear hitch to raise and lower. The valve should be down around where you hydraulic lines connect. Look for a knurled nob or a some that looks like a black wingnut.
Thanks PAI318Guy
I have tried that but nothing happened.

·
Registered
665 Posts
One more item, maybe! I'm not familiar with the 445, but many L&G's have a depth stop for the mower deck.

Looking at the left rear of the tractor, (from the rear) you may see a threaded rod With either a hole drilled crosswise or a pin in that hole. I can't remember which way it turns (maybe CW to lower?), but it's best to start tractor and pull deck lever back. This will remove any tension from adjuster. Bob

·
1K poster
1,798 Posts
did you get it working? Awesome tractor and nice loader too. I always used the deck and FEL separately, but you can use them together. If you don't already, I would get a lockout value and get the slightly more expensive you that you can switch from the top of the foot pan.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts