My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I thought I would let you all in on my latest build, I am building a FEL for a J. D. 445 (I posted about fixing it before). The plan is to have a quick detach loader and a quick detach bucket and a set of forks for it. I will try to put pics in this post but if they do not work you can look in my gallery.

I am working on the bucket now and will add pics when that is done. After I finished the arms I decided to use longer cylinders for the tilt that is why the upright on the arm.Thanks to all who have given advise on all of my posts in the past.:thThumbsU:thanku:

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Looking good. slkpk

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finialy finished it, other than paint, here are the pics. I did have to reniforce the baseplate and had to change the tilt cylinder top mounts (to accomadate longer cylinders. I have not checked the pressure on the impliment relief valve yet but it picks pu the front of the tractor pretty easy. The bucket is the same size as the last loader I built, 54x20x16 Primary use moving snow and a little horse stuff. It lifts about 6.5 feet.

:thThumbsU

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also, I ended up just welding the bucket to the mounts (no quick detach) and decided that a set of forks will clamp on to the bucket will work for what I want and the entire loader comes off in a matter of two bolts and two pins at the base plates. Also added a kick stand for when removing from the tractor. plus if I needed to remove just the bucket I just pull the pins on the bucket.:thThumbsU

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just thought I would throw 1 last update to you guys. If you click on the pics they get bigger, these links take you to you tube and shows the Quick disconnect and how long it takes to remove the loader.(about 5 minutes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWJk6x44AXc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A39o_yiA6as

it actually works better than I thought it would Just take off 2 bolts on the front of the tractor and then pull 2 pins and put the kickstand down. I also got most of the paint on it.:thThumbsU:thanku:

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Nice work on it. slkpk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts