My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi thinking about selling my 1998 jd 425 with 634 hrs and has a 54" deck and a 46" snowthower rear pto and 3 pt hitch new rear tires with chains and 200 lbs and was wondering what it is worth? Thanks

·
Registered
340 Posts
$4100 - $2500 for the 425, $1200 for the blower, $200 PTO, $200 3 PH, $200 weights.

·
10K and Climbin!
12,589 Posts
Kinda hard to value anything sight unseen.. Jwill's estimate sounds a bit high for a 14YO lawn tractor.. Buuut if it looks exactly like your avatar pic it may be true..

Does it have the dreaded plastic cam?? Grab the S/N and look it up on the list in this thread:

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=92098

:goodl::trink40:

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Just the tractor around here would probably be around $3K...provided it is in excellent shape and has a steel cam.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
The question is not IF it will break rather WHEN it will break ! I would be interested in it w/o the deck, wanna take a nice 316 with mower and blower on trade ?

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Rare to see it hurt anything else beside's the gov.gear and oil pump gear which should be replaced along with it anyway. I have a 620 waiting under the work bench for me to get the fund's to repair it a spare I picked up on the cheap with a bad cam. The worst part is cleaning out all the little pieces of plastic from the crankcase. BILL

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Not a bad price with the rear PTO. I would like the have the pto and 3ph. You might get more response in the whats it worth forum.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Up here in Saskatchewan, a dealer has 425 listed for $5250 with mower, 450 tiller, and 6 front weights, with 118 HOURS. That is a very reasonable price for buyers here in Canada. Typically $1500 more than in the states.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.