My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just picked up a 2001 JD 4100 it has a whopping 84 hours on it but sat for so long it appears a couple of the metal transmission lines have slow leaks. Where do you folks buy your parts from? Anyone have a PDF service manual or parts list??

Any folks near Fitchburg Mass do side jobs like this:)

Thanks

Rob

·
Registered
619 Posts
Manuals are easy, shoot me your email

Joe

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Had a 4100, very dependable tractor.

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
When I sold mine last summer with 390 hours , not a speck of rust anywhere. Almost looks like an eastern tractor that saw salt somewhere during its life time. How do you accumulate that much rot UNDER the seat. Sorry about your troubles.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I need body parts, side panels, seat switch and rubber seat support on one side do you folks know any Deere or wholesalers who can get 4100 parts reasonable on price, I know they aren't cheap. Going to be spending a pretty penny:( my as well fix it and get some sleep for a change.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Do you have any recourse through eBay? That thing looks like it was in a salt water flood! No way would I put any more money into that.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have any recourse through eBay? That thing looks like it was in a salt water flood! No way would I put any more money into that.

Nope, he played it perfectly cash or cashiers check, no returns inspection available etc, Ebay ruled in his favor that's all they can do since they control no funds and certainly won't get involved.

I thought of small claims but not sure I would win that either and I don't want to put money into it which might be required in court, he could say inspection was available even though his listing was clearly BS. When I sent him the pictures he said this was normal surface rust oh man and a wire brush and JD paint would fix it. I lost it at that point and started the Ebay process knowing it's pretty much useless. I have lost a bunch of sleep over this to say the least.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Nope, he played it perfectly cash or cashiers check, no returns inspection available etc, Ebay ruled in his favor that's all they can do since they control no funds and certainly won't get involved.

I thought of small claims but not sure I would win that either and I don't want to put money into it which might be required in court, he could say inspection was available even though his listing was clearly BS. When I sent him the pictures he said this was normal surface rust oh man and a wire brush and JD paint would fix it. I lost it at that point and started the Ebay process knowing it's pretty much useless. I have lost a bunch of sleep over this to say the least.
I thought ALL ebay transactions were handled thru Paypal..... which ebay owns.... somethings not right......

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought ALL ebay transactions were handled thru Paypal..... which ebay owns.... somethings not right......
No, not any longer they can request other payment methods, cash cashiers check , I looked at other tractors and those folks are listing the exact payment options. It's only 40 bucks for small claims, I am going to get prices for parts next week from my local JD dealer and go from there, the worse that can happen I lose again, but the guy from NJ who I bought it from will be getting a little stress for a change. No more me offering to pay 1/2 he should pay for all of it.

Am I allowed to post an ebay link? I would appreciate opinions on how the seller represented this tractor....well no reason I can't post the description:)

Up for auction is a john deere 4100 tractor. Diesel. In great condition. just paid to replace a bad starter, full inspection/ service and tune up at a JD dealer. never abused as you can see from the fact it only has 83 hours. awesome shape, everything works perfect. Has a rear PTO as well as a mid PTO.

Counterweight for the rear to make lifting in the bucket safer, the weights can also be hooked onto the front bumper

this is a barely used, and in awesome condition machine. good luck bidding. if you would like to inspect prior to bidding or end of auction please send me a message and we can arrange a time and place to check it out. the tractor is in the central NJ area. I can help with shipping if you are local, I can deliver within 60 miles for roughly $100. $500 deposit due within 24 hours of end of auction and then final payment in person. No personal checks, only cashiers check or cash.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow, if that is "awesome condition" in his eyes I would hate to see what a POS looks like!
I know...can I use this in court:)

I just priced some body parts at Deere plus the seat switch. HUGE money..

So I stopped and picked up a small claims court form but would really like some pictures of a real world 4100 not a rotted one like mine to show to the judge. Only 2 on ebay and they can't email pictures of the areas I want. Typical Ebay.. does anyone have a 4100 they could snap a few shots for me? I am going to submit the form Tuesday hopefully this guy will feel a little more willing to negotiate versus driving 500 miles to Fitchburg court and back to NJ??? The $$$ I am going for should grab his attention.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I know...can I use this in court:)

I just priced some body parts at Deere plus the seat switch. HUGE money..

So I stopped and picked up a small claims court form but would really like some pictures of a real world 4100 not a rotted one like mine to show to the judge. Only 2 on ebay and they can't email pictures of the areas I want. Typical Ebay.. does anyone have a 4100 they could snap a few shots for me? I am going to submit the form Tuesday hopefully this guy will feel a little more willing to negotiate versus driving 500 miles to Fitchburg court and back to NJ??? The $$$ I am going for should grab his attention.

I have a 4110, pretty much the same machine just a little newer updated model. I'd be happy to help if you'd like. PM sent with direct email addy...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts