My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
what my real problem is that i had a honda 24 horse power plant put in by jd and now the belts r to big for the pto

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Get new correct length belts it will be much cheaper than a $250+ electric clutch that would require new belts anyway. Roger

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i did put belts on it that were smaller but u cant buy them wide enough they r .559 width that is less than 9/16ths and more than 1/2 inch all the smaller belts do is slip

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Sounds like it has the wrong pulley on it. I am assuming that they didnt reuse the original pulley.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
If JD did the repower then something is wrong. I would go back to the dealer and inquire about this, if you are the owner that had the repower done.

If that doesn't work then have you gone to an auto parts store to see if you can source the right size and width belts? If you have the length you might be able to find something that works.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Are you using 5L or B belts those are pretty wide. They should be equal to the original belts width. My friend did the same conversion from Small Engine Warehouse with a 25 HP Kohler and that used the stock JD belts for the PTO. Roger

1 - 7 of 7 Posts