My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 John Deere 4052R tractor. I have a question about the rear differential lock. When I depress the pedal and keep pressure on it, the rear wheels don’t lock. The pedal keeps clicking and I feel slight pressure moving up on the pedal. One wheel will be spinning, and the other not moving. I called my dealer who I do trust. He basically told me over the phone that feature is useless, and is primarily used in 2WD. I have a hard time believing that. Has anyone had a similar experience with this feature? Any advice on this system, before I bring it in to get checked out?

Thanks!

-Mark

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
The diff lock should positively lock rear wheels together. It should not be pushing back on the pedal if you are getting it fully engaged. Check to be sure there isn't something restricting full travel of the pedal. If pedal is bottoming out, then chek the roll pins attaching pedal to the shaft coming out of differential housing. It may be partially sheared. If external problems are ruled out, then diff lock collar or gear in differential may be worn or damaged.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts