My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
I purchased used 48C replacement deck this spring off of eBay for about 1/3 what they want for the new ones. I've used it a couple of times so far this spring and it works very well. The cut quality is as good or better than the 46" deck and it is much quieter as well.

If I was going to spend $1500 on a deck...I'd also check Craigslist 1st and look for a 212/214/216/316/318/322/332 tractor... that might have a newer deck on it. I missed a couple because I was looking at the tractor and ignored the deck until too late... some of those had replacement decks on them that were worth as much as the tractor itself...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,696 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Im surprised they didn't have one for sale they usually would. Here's another place that has them with free shipping.

John Deere 48-inch Complete Replacement Deck BM17879
Yeah, that's actually where I'm considering ordering one from.........only problem is, I can't find much info on Greendealer and when I try to call I get an answering machine.........I'd rather speak with someone in person before ordering online........Thanks though!

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,696 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Of all the odd ball things to happen......I was pretty much decided that I'll order a new one from one of the links provided but waiting to talk it over with the wife so I'm on a Deer hunting forum I go to every so often to check out the Turkey season here in Missouri. Did some reading and then went into the "For Sale" section and about 5 posts down I see a guy near Waterloo Iowa selling a 50" mower deck off of his 332 that has been sitting in his shed for years. The thing basically looks brand new. He uses the 332 to push snow and till his garden but rarely used it to cut grass because he got the tractor from his Mom after his Dad passed away suddenly when the tractor was 3 years old and he already had a smaller tractor to cut his yard. He'll take $350 for the mower and guarantees it'll work! Guess I'm driving to Iowa later this week!

Thanks for the suggestions and help though! Sometimes being in the right place at the right time and luck plays into things I guess!

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,696 Posts
Of all the odd ball things to happen......I was pretty much decided that I'll order a new one from one of the links provided but waiting to talk it over with the wife so I'm on a Deer hunting forum I go to every so often to check out the Turkey season here in Missouri. Did some reading and then went into the "For Sale" section and about 5 posts down I see a guy near Waterloo Iowa selling a 50" mower deck off of his 332 that has been sitting in his shed for years. The thing basically looks brand new. He uses the 332 to push snow and till his garden but rarely used it to cut grass because he got the tractor from his Mom after his Dad passed away suddenly when the tractor was 3 years old and he already had a smaller tractor to cut his yard. He'll take $350 for the mower and guarantees it'll work! Guess I'm driving to Iowa later this week!

Thanks for the suggestions and help though! Sometimes being in the right place at the right time and luck plays into things I guess!
Good Deal!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, been a member here for quite awhile but haven't been on for awhile either. Need some advice on my 332 diesel.

Been babying my mower deck along for quite some time now already but over the weekend my son and I did some welding on it and it's time.........time for a new deck that is. Went to my local dealer this morning whom informed me the original 50" full deck replacement was no longer being made and that the best they could do was order a stamp and all the other parts to build a new one.........priced it out at $2300+ and then tried to talk me into trading my 332 for a new L&G tractor........NOPE! I would really like a NEW deck as I take very good care of the tractor........the nearly 30 year old deck just has come to a point it needs replacing and I'd rather just buy the whole thing new......anyone in this forum been through this? What are my options other than ordering piece by piece and building one. I know there are new decks somewhere because my son knows of someone whom bought a new deck for a 322 (gas model) a year ago but has since moved so no way to contact the guy........

Any help will be appreciated! :tango_face_smile:
I have a 48 inch deck that's in like new condition if you are interested let me know and I'll send pics

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well maybe, just maybe you may find one on Facebook. I'm looking for a 42" deck for a 212. There is a guy in De that has decks, but I'll have to find his number again.

·
Super Moderator
29,562 Posts
I believe JD is still selling the 48 inch replacement deck. I have one for my 322 and it is a very good quality deck. This deck works on the following machines:

Here is the link to the JD online parts for the deck:

21 - 32 of 32 Posts