My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a JD 322 close by that is in decent shape other than the fact that is needs a HYDRO pump. According to the owner, "This mower has the Yanmar 18hp 3 cylinder gas engine. It runs excellent. The transmission is bad. It will not move. . It has the 50" deck that worked great. Seat is bad " It also has a 3 point hitch already on it.

I have looked around and I can get a hydro for about 2-300 bucks. I am thinking about getting this tractor to fix up and let my son use it to plow with and teach him to use it to mow the grass and generally teach him about the proper use and maintenance of them

He is asking 700.00 for the machine. What do you guys think about that price?

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
How many hours are on it? With the 3PT and if the engine is good it is probably worth $700. Fully operational ones even with high hours are usually around $1500 unless its is really beat up.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have emailed him back and asked about hours and in the picture that I saw one of the engine covers are missing but either way I am still interested.

K91........like you said, Even IF I couldnt get it fixed, I could part it out for more than that. But I would rather get it running and let my son claim it as HIS.......lol

·
Premium Member
5,415 Posts
You are lucky it is not closer to where I live or one of the parter guys would have it home already and the parts would be on CL LOL Good luck I hope you get it :fing32:

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kind of hard to go get it when I have to sit and wait on him to email me back..........lol

I made him an offer......now waiting on his to reply.

Whether he accepts my offer or not, I am going to get it.........lol

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Good luck and hope you get it. slkpk

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Waiting on him to reply to my email.........he didnt list a phone number so I had to ask for one in the last email but I think he only checks his email ONCE a day. I probably wont hear from him until late tonight but I already have the road trip planned...

·
THE TRACTOR HUNTER
2,225 Posts
Trust me, I have been waiting for him to reply to me to.......:howdy:

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
Robert ol buddy post the add so we can all see it. :thThumbsU

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He never did reply back to me but did reply to a fellow member on the WFM and his reply to him was "sale pending" I sent him an email Thursday that said "I guess since you havent replied to my previous emails that you have sold the machine" and within FIVE minutes he replied back "Yes it sold"

Pretty lame if you ask me.

·
THE TRACTOR HUNTER
2,225 Posts
He never did reply back to me but did reply to a fellow member on the WFM and his reply to him was "sale pending" I sent him an email Thursday that said "I guess since you havent replied to my previous emails that you have sold the machine" and within FIVE minutes he replied back "Yes it sold"

Pretty lame if you ask me.
This kind of thing happens all the time.:banghead3

1 - 14 of 14 Posts