My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I just replaced my Denso w16es-u spark plugs on my 322 with 807 hours on it. I bought E3 3.22 spark plugs thinking it would be a good upgrade, what with all of the added benefits they say that they offer. So i swapped out the plugs and fired it up, and now it has a random misfire throughout all of the ranges on the throttle. I will try to replace the E3's with NGK BPR5ES to see if the miss fire continues.

What i want to know, is has anyone else encountered problems after installing E3 plugs?

·
Registered
550 Posts
I am not sure what the E3 plug is but as a Honda mechanic for 20 years almost ALL Japanese engine prefer NGK/Denso plugs.
I have seen Champion,Bosch and other plugs alone cause misfires before.
Does not surprise me the Yanmar does not like the new plugs.

AJ

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just popped in some NGK BPR5ES plugs on the 322, and now she purrs like a kitten. No popping or misfiring.

Stay away from the E3 plugs on Yanmar gas engines:Stop:

·
Registered
329 Posts
I just popped in some NGK BPR5ES plugs on the 322, and now she purrs like a kitten. No popping or misfiring.

Stay away from the E3 plugs on Yanmar gas engines:Stop:
I tried an E3 plug in a single cylinder Tecumseh and it sure didn't run the same as the NGK plug . I've never bought another one of those plugs again . I agree , stay away from them .

·
Registered
626 Posts
Thanks for posting this thread, I was actually thinking of trying some E3 plugs in my 322 in the next week or so. Now I know to stay away from them:thanku:

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
My Honda pressure washer hates them it has a temper tantrum and coughs spits and just is not happy until i replaced it:dunno:

·
Premium Member
7,815 Posts
well, i have a old Chevy with a SMOKIN 454 and my experience says the only "gimmick" plug that is worth a shart is the AC Rapidfire. Bosch platinum works good too if you use a REALLY hot coil.

NGK were next on the list of foul resistant plugs. as it is with my hot as the sun coil the Platinum work best.

electricity will follow the path of least resistance. its lazy like that. you will NEVER EVER get a forked spark like on TV.

glad your 322 is fixed up and happy:trink39::greendr:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts