My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a 322 locally with a rear PTO, 3 pt and wanting to know some info about it. Is it a 18 hp or 22hp yanmar? What speed is the rear PTO? It is missing a mower deck and wanting to know if it will use any of the 300 series decks..318,320, etc? Is it basically like a 318 with a diesel engine and all parts except engine interchangable?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I have found a 322 locally with a rear PTO, 3 pt and wanting to know some info about it. Is it a 18 hp or 22hp yanmar? What speed is the rear PTO? It is missing a mower deck and wanting to know if it will use any of the 300 series decks..318,320, etc? Is it basically like a 318 with a diesel engine and all parts except engine interchangable?

thanks in advance.
It is a 16HP GAS Yanmar - the 332 is the 16HP DIESEL version. Yes the 50 inch mower off your 318 will be a direct fit to the 322.Attachments off the 318,330,332 will fit on the 322.I believe the 320 is a different series and thus it's attachment most likely will NOT fit.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Btackett,

The 322 is a very desired tractor; it runs as smooth as a Singer sewing machine sews:thThumbsU.

If the price is right, go for it. The 322 utilizes the same block and crank shaft as the 332 diesel. In that regard, the gas 322 engine was way over-built. If the sale price is in your ballpark, maintenance was performed, and it is in good running condition, you will not regret your purchase.

A moderator on this forum purchased a 322 recently. Hopefully PA318Guy will chime in with some more detail.

stoon boy is correct, the implements/attachments from the 320/285/265 etc. series will not fit this tractor.

Good luck!:fing32:
Bill

·
Registered
865 Posts
rear pto spins at 2000 rpm.

·
Super Moderator
33,631 Posts
The 322 is an 18 HP Yanmar 3 cylinder Gas engine (13.4 kW 18 hp) from the manual), the 332 is 16 HP Diesel. All attachments from the 318 will fit the 322. Everything except the engine and some electrical such as the voltage regulator is interchangeable. They did some unique "boxing" of the chassis to get the air flow to the radiator needed though so if you buy this don't think the PO just got creative (I nearly did that!). Rear PTO is 2000 rpm same as the 318 which does limit the attachments (they are hard to find) you can run, but at the same time it is a very sought after item! I've had mine since April and running since May and I'm very impressed with it. Definitely has good power across all the rpm's and the governor on this reacts instantly so you don't get much rpm variation under load.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to know info. Water cooled Yanmar, it will by my first water cooled tractor. I am having a hard time finding a deck for it already. No one around here has anything that would work.

thanks.

·
Registered
865 Posts
i have a 50" cat 0 3 point finish deck for sale :). mates right up to a 2000 rpm pto...
keep an eye out here or WFM in the for sale section, mower decks come up from time to time.

·
Super Moderator
33,631 Posts
I have an extra 46 inch mid mount deck for it. Wonder if we have any members headed your way that you could pay a few $$ to transport it for you. I just bought it recently to sell with my 318 and then I sold the tractor and the guy didn't want it. I'd sell it to you for $300 and it is in decent shape. It doesn't have a mule drive though.

Attachments

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I went and looked that the 322 and it was trashed. No rear pto box, no 3 pt lift arms, no mule drive,no deck, no front draft arm, no seat, no side covers, flat bald tires but the engine purred like a kitten after getting it warmed up. PO thought it was a diesel and put diesel fuel in it and figured it out and drained all of it and had it running off a 5 gallon jug.

It just wasn't what he said and he still wanted too much for it.

Geez. I guess I did learn something about the 322 anyway so that was good.

thanks to all.

·
Registered
865 Posts
out of curiosity, how much were they asking?

·
Premium Member
9,781 Posts
Well I went and looked that the 322 and it was trashed. No rear pto box, no 3 pt lift arms, no mule drive,no deck, no front draft arm, no seat, no side covers, flat bald tires but the engine purred like a kitten after getting it warmed up. PO thought it was a diesel and put diesel fuel in it and figured it out and drained all of it and had it running off a 5 gallon jug.

It just wasn't what he said and he still wanted too much for it.

Geez. I guess I did learn something about the 322 anyway so that was good.

thanks to all.
I feel your pain. Nothing is more frustrating than going to look at something that is misrepresented. You absolutely did the right thing walking away. Keep looking, the right deal will come along!

·
Super Moderator
33,631 Posts
Dealer is where I would start. There are two models one has manual choke and one has automatic choke.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Dealer Way Too expensive. Looking for other sources. They must be out there. I'll keep searching.
Thank You
What is way more of expensive? How much for a rebuild kit?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Went to pick up the rebuild kit and what they had was a bag of half dozen or so of screws. What a disappointment. $19.50 for 6 screws?? Should have known better. Will try something else.
tjcski

·
Registered
322 Posts
out of curiosity, how much were they asking?
i'd be curious as well. I have a 322 that I will be probably be selling this fall along with attachments, 3ph, 42" tiller, 4-way blade and 50" deck with about 600 hours and possibly a model 80 patio (white) cart.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts