My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Re-read a previous post Idid see an inner sleeve inside the open end of the shaft. I tapped on it with a small screw driver and it move in, closing the visible port holes you can see in my picture of it. I then turn the shaft over and slammed it down on my vise and it brought the sleeve back to that end, again exposing the port holes shown in the picture. I did this several times, with the addition of squirts of PB Blaster, and it eventually freed up. Now when I push in on the sleeve I can feel it push in on a spring and release. I put the solenoid on the other end of the shaft, and when engaged, it did pull the inner sleeve forward. So I assembled it back onto the valve body and the valve onto the tractor. Hip HIp Hooray! My PTO works. Hooked up my brush hog and mowed my field with it last night. Thanks to everyone for your help!!!
Thanks for the info. Our PTO wouldn’t work everyone else was saying $840 part but with y’all’s help we were able to fix it for free. (It took every single one of these steps but thanks to your posts only one evening of working on it) Thanks y’all rock!!!
 
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
Top