My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,720 Posts
Gary. Your right its crazy big and heavy. I cant move it around by myself. Does this site have a classified? i will put the parts on there for a couple of weeks, If it don't sell I will haul it to the dump.
Yes we have a "For Sale or Wanted to Buy" sub-forum, here is the link:

·
Super Moderator
28,720 Posts
Just a thought, you might want to wait till all the travel restrictions are over before eliminating it. I've seen folks drive pretty far for attachments like these if they want them bad enough.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
PA318Guy, Your right, I will move this stuff into a back corner of the yard and wait. One of my hobbies is vintage cars and I know how important a small useless part means to another. This is my 1919 Ford Model T touring car.
collector.

·
Super Moderator
28,720 Posts
PA318Guy, Your right, I will move this stuff into a back corner of the yard and wait. One of my hobbies is vintage cars and I know how important a small useless part means to another. This is my 1919 Ford Model T touring car. View attachment 2451786 collector.

Too bad you aren't closer, I've been known to cross a state line or two for JD things!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yes there is a place for sale/wanted on this forum. I'm sure someone could use it and I wouldn't trash it. If you can't sell it put it on for free and tell them they must load. If nothing else it would make a good weight for plowing or blowing snow. Where are you located? I would take it but I don't have a rear PTO.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
PA318Guy, I live in Melbourne Florida. I also have a unrestored 1940 Chevrolet KC pick up truck. Its 100% original. I'm known here as the old car mechanic. Everybody brings there vintage cars to me to repair.Iv had Model A, T's, Buicks, Oaklands, and so on. The most obsolete car Iv ever work on was a 1919 Liberty. I just do it to help my local car guys. Plus it keeps my busy.

·
Super Moderator
28,720 Posts
PA318Guy, I live in Melbourne Florida. I also have a unrestored 1940 Chevrolet KC pick up truck. Its 100% original. I'm known here as the old car mechanic. Everybody brings there vintage cars to me to repair.Iv had Model A, T's, Buicks, Oaklands, and so on. The most obsolete car Iv ever work on was a 1919 Liberty. I just do it to help my local car guys. Plus it keeps my busy. View attachment 2451791
Very nice work on the the touring and the pickup. I'm pretty familiar with Melbourne, my son went to FIT there. That was years ago though!

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
3,764 Posts
Get some pics of it, make sure you have all the parts, you be amazed how much is left on the tractor when things are sold off. It does not make for a quality sale! Yes, the For Sale area is located under the shopping mall conversation

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
I bought a 40 loader from a guy who had this leaf vac system on his 420. It was rear PTO run and hydraulically dumped when full. It was very hard to put it on and weighed so much that a lot of extra weights had to be added to the front even when empty. It is neat that it is dumpable from the seat and if I remember correctly goes quite high up for the dump. It cries out for a dedicated dolly to mount it on for installation and removal. The newer version used a separate gas engine to run the blower instead of the rear PTO. I think you would be hard-pressed to get $500 for it unless you throw in the rear PTO since they sell in the $500-$700 range.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I bought a 40 loader from a guy who had this leaf vac system on his 420. It was rear PTO run and hydraulically dumped when full. It was very hard to put it on and weighed so much that a lot of extra weights had to be added to the front even when empty. It is neat that it is dumpable from the seat and if I remember correctly goes quite high up for the dump. It cries out for a dedicated dolly to mount it on for installation and removal. The newer version used a separate gas engine to run the blower instead of the rear PTO. I think you would be hard-pressed to get $500 for it unless you throw in the rear PTO since they sell in the $500-$700 range.
The one my friend had was manual dump not hydraulic I think you had to get off the tractor pull the lever and close it.

·
Super Moderator
28,720 Posts
Rudy this is the setup for the MCS, does have the electric clutch but not the rear pto gears for other driven attachments so is part of the MCS not a separate piece.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts