My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This summer i blew up my 317 John Deere mowing up a hill and the tractor was in EXCELLENT condition so i started looking for an engine to put in it at a cheap cost and my grandpa decided to give me a 317 in rough condition but with a running engine.
I swapped the engine and everything fits well except I cant get spark and i'm having trouble remembering how the condenser and other wires set up.

Any help i could get will be nice.
Thanks,
Tyler

·
Premium Member
8,566 Posts
You would probably get better response if you post it in the John Deere lawn and garden forum instead of here in the "big tractor" forum.

·
10K and Climbin!
12,534 Posts
NR has a point there but maybe the poster is just seeing the biggest tractor he's ever seen?? So in the future, post your 317 questions in this forum: http://www.mytractorforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12

We can help him right here today though.. If the wire in your hand ges to the neg post (-) on your coil, it and the wire from the condenser is installed on the screw on the points armature or the screw on the black thingy on the spring. Things should spark nicely after doing that.. While you are there, check & clean the point connecting faces to ensure good contact so the coil will charge well when the points are closed. :goodl:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts