My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I have just got myself a lovely 300a with front loader and backhoe, however it needs some love and this is all very new to me, can anyone please point me in the right direction for service and operating manuals as it took me a while to find reverse :) . Id like to change all fluids etc and then go from there.
many thanks and sorry to join with a question .
Martin

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Is that a garden tractor or a big tractor?
Deere has some of the operators manuals available online for free. Service manuals all cost money.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that a garden tractor or a big tractor?
Deere has some of the operators manuals available online for free. Service manuals all cost money.
Hi it a fairly big Tractor about 3.5 Ton is my guess , i will take a look thank you

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
So, that should probably be in the big tractor forum. This one is for lawn and garden tractors. But, the advice still holds about manuals. Older ones are not as readily available online for free.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, that should probably be in the big tractor forum. This one is for lawn and garden tractors. But, the advice still holds about manuals. Older ones are not as readily available online for free.
Thank you, your right I hadn't noticed it was for lawn Tractors I will repost.

·
Parts collector
4,371 Posts
Yep welcome to MTF and yes put this in the big boys section. HEY not that we don't love a little extra activity here on the small JD portion of the site. Where's the pics? :oops:

·
Super Moderator
38,404 Posts
I moved this to the Big JD forum and deleted the duplicate that you started there. Better to have only one thread on a subject.

·
Parts collector
4,371 Posts
I moved this to the Big JD forum and deleted the duplicate that you started there. Better to have only one thread on a subject.
This is why we need people like you brother. :)

Reactions: PA318Guy

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Welcome to TF
You can search the website below for operators & tech manuals.
When you change hyd oil advise to check/clean hyd oil suction screen(key 30) Hyd filters for 300 are part # AR75603 @ $9.77 & are very reasonably priced from JD dealer

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome to TF
You can search the website below for operators & tech manuals.
When you change hyd oil advise to check/clean hyd oil suction screen(key 30) Hyd filters for 300 are part # AR75603 @ $9.77 & are very reasonably priced from JD dealer
Hi thank you for taking the time, that's exactly the information i was needing, I will look up the manuals later and if you know off the top of your head what spec hydraulic oil do i need ? i know i will have some leaks but the oil in there is very white so i want to drain and renew filters etc before i get to see what works .
thank you :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts