My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Fellas,

Well I think I've finally made the decision to go a little bigger on the tractor. I've been looking at a 2720 due to the fact it will work with all the attachments I currently have. The question is, what options would you get with it?

I am currently looking at the baseline tractor. That is, I already have a 200CX loader, ballast box, box blade, and tiller I plan on mounting up. I do not plan to use it for mowing (and the logical choice maybe the 3032E but it is too big for where I need to fit this) What options are available?

I think I am leaning towards R4 tires and something called "power beyond?" I think the power beyond is "only" a $200-250 upgrade when you purchase the tractor vs. the costly install of it later. Don't plan on a backhoe anytime soon, but figure I'll be keeping the tractor for a long, long, time....

So, I'm open to suggestions... I appreciate the inputs!!!!

·
Only Green For Me!
228 Posts
Depends on what you mean by options. I added light guards, front/rear work lights, fender flares, engine coolant heater, transmission fluid heater, JD deluxe steering wheel knob and deluxe seat cover when I purchased my 2520 last month. You will also want to get the front brush guard for use with your loader.

See the "sticky" at the top of the page where I added a water temp gauge also.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Have Deere put the divetor valve on, this gives you two spare hydro outlets under your feet next to your loader outlets, I use these for the top link cylinder.

ROPS lights are critical, the stock lights are useless at night with the loader on.

·
Only Green For Me!
228 Posts
Have Deere put the divetor valve on, this gives you two spare hydro outlets under your feet next to your loader outlets, I use these for the top link cylinder.

ROPS lights are critical, the stock lights are useless at night with the loader on.
Agree with the divertor valve. I had that added also and you can see the extra outlets in the picture above.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the inputs. I am still waiting for my quote to arrive from my local Deere dealer. I know most dealerships tell you there is not alot of profit on the tractor, I do wonder how true that is. I've been quoted (just in coversations) prices ranging from $17K to around $15.9K (tractor only).

So power beyond is something you guys got on your tractors as well? And I'll make sure to have the divertor valve added....

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Absolutely Team Green...

I just got the quote... $16, 500 with the new loader brackets ($362), hood guard ($208), and power beyond kit ($304) plus $175 for set-up.... So essentially right at $15,500 for the tractor, which seems to be a pretty good deal. I've asked to add the power divertor on there to see what that will cost.....

I know a somewhat personal question, but was anybody getting better pricing for the 2720?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Power Beyond will require you to add a control valve for cylinder's, I have the Power Beyond for Hoe's but I like the Divetor option which I also have which allows me to use the curl function of the joy stick to cylinders attached, in my case a top link cylinder.

That is a good price.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, so do I need both the diverter and the power beyond, or skip the power beyond and just get the divertor? I am a little confused, even after talking to the dealership. The power beyond is supposed to flow more than the divertor to support the backhoe? Sorry for the rookie questions....

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
OK, so do I need both the diverter and the power beyond, or skip the power beyond and just get the divertor? I am a little confused, even after talking to the dealership. The power beyond is supposed to flow more than the divertor to support the backhoe? Sorry for the rookie questions....
And it does, what I wanted was the ability to have a backhoe but also run a top link cylinder which sees a lot of use on the CUTS, I didn't want to install another control lever so the divetor valve was the only option available to me.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got it... Both for maximum flexibility... Thanks for your help. I didn't get that on the initial quote, so I'll see what it will cost to add. Was looking to trade my 2210 in but boy they don't want to give alot on the trade in. I think they are talking around $5-5500 for a 2210 with a 62C deck and only 338 hours for trade in.... Ouch!!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Got it... Both for maximum flexibility... Thanks for your help. I didn't get that on the initial quote, so I'll see what it will cost to add. Was looking to trade my 2210 in but boy they don't want to give alot on the trade in. I think they are talking around $5-5500 for a 2210 with a 62C deck and only 338 hours for trade in.... Ouch!!
Took a quick look at Machine Finder and I see they run $9,000 to $14,000 with a loader, I think your dealer is low balling. One of my best friends has a 2210, they are a great tractor.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think they are kinda low-balling me. I was hoping for around the $6500 for it, we'll see as the dealership is going to give me once he runs the final numbers... I am thinking I may need to try and sell this on craigslist.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I think they are kinda low-balling me. I was hoping for around the $6500 for it, we'll see as the dealership is going to give me once he runs the final numbers... I am thinking I may need to try and sell this on craigslist.
You post it up for $6500 on this site and it will be gone before you finish typing the post!!! Tractor and deck with only 3xx hrs..... I wouldnt take any less than $8500 IMO. The 2210s hold their value very very well!! Now trading, find out what you could buy the new one for with no trade. I wouldnt take any less than $7-7500 for yours trading in.

Oh yea, what dealer are you dealing with??

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yep well I think maybe selling on my own will be the best bet... I'll try craigslist this weekend and see how it goes. Hate the spammers, but maybe someone wants it. I think I'll shoot for $7500 for it...

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well posted the John Deere 2210 up for sale in the For sale section here and on Craigslist. We'll see, but I think the dealer trade in wasn't going to pan out very good so I think it is best to sell it myself.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Swift Deere,

Did you get your lights put on by the dealer? I talked to the dealer, and they said that the lights for the 2000 series tractors are mounted on the hood guard, and they could not mount to the lights on thr ROPS like you have in your pictures. Other than that, I've added the divertor, brush guards, power beyond, and a block heater to the list for this tractor. I'm just about ready to order... Just need the 2210 to sell.

·
Only Green For Me!
228 Posts
Swift Deere,

Did you get your lights put on by the dealer? I talked to the dealer, and they said that the lights for the 2000 series tractors are mounted on the hood guard, and they could not mount to the lights on thr ROPS like you have in your pictures. Other than that, I've added the divertor, brush guards, power beyond, and a block heater to the list for this tractor. I'm just about ready to order... Just need the 2210 to sell.
Yes, I had the dealer install the lights. They tie into your dash light switch. When I told him I wanted the guards around the lights, he said perfect, as that is where the work lights mount. Hate to be rude, but your dealer does not know what he is talking about. I found the worklights in JD's accessory catalog and they are shown mounted on the rear light guards. I would say print off one of my pictures and show it to your dealer. Also see if they have a copy of the accessories catalog.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Swift Deere,

Thanks for your inputs... The dealer actually sent me that picture via e-mail, but when he went into the "Deere catalog of things they are allowed to do" or what ever it was, it said that installing the lights on the ROPS like yours was not an option for the 2000 series tractors. They've been a pretty good dealership, I know most of them by name know, I just need to "convince" them to hook me up.... Your set-up is awesome, sold me on the fender guards....

·
Only Green For Me!
228 Posts
Swift Deere,

Thanks for your inputs... The dealer actually sent me that picture via e-mail, but when he went into the "Deere catalog of things they are allowed to do" or what ever it was, it said that installing the lights on the ROPS like yours was not an option for the 2000 series tractors. They've been a pretty good dealership, I know most of them by name know, I just need to "convince" them to hook me up.... Your set-up is awesome, sold me on the fender guards....
I found the accessories catalog online at the JD site.

http://www.deere.com/en_US/homeowne..._tractors/static/implements_access_zmags.html

Look on page 29 and you will see the forward worklights and it clearly states they mount to the Brush Guards that are mounted on the ROPS. The rear worklight, engine coolant heater, transmission heater and fender extensions are shown on the same page. The Light Brush Guards are shown on page 15.

Your dealer is missing something. Those light brush guards have a hole in the top of them to accept the worklights and the wiring runs down through an opening in the side of the ROPS. Same for the rear worklight wiring routing. The lights are designed to mount there.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts