My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the screens off my 2550 to clean off the radiator, and discovered an oily crud packed mess. The hyd bleed leak off line was missing, and apparently had been for a long time. My question is where does it re-enter the hyd oil reservoir. I found a small piece of plastic tube laying in front of the radiator, and another small piece of the same back on top of the clutch area apparently entering the front bottom of the steering column. Does anyone know what I have to do to get a new piece of tubing into the hyd oil reservoir. The other tube to the bottom of the hyd pump was apparently replaced at one time and is fine. The other alternative is to run a new tube out the bottom of the engine compartment, and let it drip. I believe the oil loss would be negligible and as long as I periodically check the level, it would be OK. I'm losing what ever vents now, but it's being misted over the radiator by the suction of the fan.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jim, thanks very much, especially for the diagram. I don't know if that one is in my shop manual or not.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jim, thanks very much, especially for the diagram. I don't know if that one is in my shop manual or not.
Seal bleed line tubing is designed to be attached to hose barb on trans gear shift cover
I went out to the tractor yesterday, and there was the barb, sticking right out at me off the trans cover. I didn't even have to remove an access panel. I think I'll run copper brake line through the engine compartment and hook each end up with rubber hose.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That tubing gets brittle with heat/age. I've replaced mine twice in 26 years of ownership.
Mine is now 1/4" vacuum tubing. I cable tied it at a gradual slope down through the engine compartment. I found several more pieces of the old line laying on the valve cover. It looked like some sort of rigid plastic, didn't seem prudent to replace it with that stuff. It sure made a mess on the front of the radiator. I used the soap nozzle on my pressure washer to wash from the engine side, it's nice and clean now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts