1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
:congrats: That is nice work right there!! Have you tried blading with the tilt pin out yet??? I have been doing that for the last couple years now and works slick for snow!! Allows the blade to float from side to side. Again, great work on the front pusher!! :congrats:

·
Registered
828 Posts
Wow, awesome job! I would think that 10" would be nothing with that rig, last year I did 18" with the bucket on our 855 which is a smaller size/hp machine than yours. Loaded rear tires and no chains, I miss that traction every time Im snowblowing with my 155C.

·
9K+ Poster
12,162 Posts
Very nice! Just be careful you don't rack those loader arms with stresses not designed for them. :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I think it would take a lot to over stress those arms next to lifting ALOT of waight with one corner of the bucket and getting overly aggressive. The pump will not allow you to over stress them with just waight. more pics

·
Registered
202 Posts
FireBall That is one Beautiful Pusher you built and it looks like it works good,
But I'm so Happy I don't need anything like that down here in Hot Springs,
Pluss Jerry Lea said we don't have anything that would push it.

·
9K+ Poster
12,162 Posts
I think it would take a lot to over stress those arms next to lifting ALOT of waight with one corner of the bucket and getting overly aggressive. The pump will not allow you to over stress them with just waight. more pics
Fireball,

I wasn't inferring weight; what some others with this kind of set up's have experienced is racking of the arms due to side to side (angle) stresses that are multiplied by the distance the plow is out front. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am loving that, Nice work, Pushers are the way to go with big areas of snow. I am building one out of a 6 foot plow I am picking up this week. Yours is the 1st pusher I have seen that is actually a pusher. Could you post a closer picture of the shoes. I am building mine to work with the loader like a commercial unit.

·
USMC
19,144 Posts
Excellent work and great pics. slkpk

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thank you, to say I am impressed would be an understatement. I am debating if I want the sides of the box to be able to flip back 180 degrees. The plow blade I am working with is manual adjust but I don't want it to far out in front of the loader. If I did that I would want the trip springs in place other wise it would be more of a dozer. That might not be bad either.

·
I'd rather be threshing!
3,997 Posts
Very nice work FB... from someone who can really appreciate the effort it takes to make it look nice!

Thanks for sharing!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.