My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I looked into getting a set of jd forks for my 2320 but they wanted around $650-$1200 depending on what style and size I wanted... So I built my own bought the forks and top & bottom rails off ebay for $229 shipped to my door then purchased some steel from work and here ya go for a toltall of $272 dollars and 10 hours labor I now have a set of very light yet durrable quick attatch forks. 36". Just need to build a bolt on rack or gaurd and give it some green paint!

·
Super Moderator
16,631 Posts
Very nice work. Nice design and clean work on the welding. Hats off!

·
Lindeman crawler fan
3,110 Posts
That is an excellent job. They look very sturdy.
I really like the quick disconnect setup.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys it took a little time cutting the gussets out and getting them all trued up but was well worth it. I got to use the rig today to move around some railroad ties and a small pile of tree limbs seemed to work very well.

·
Registered
467 Posts
If that was all painted up, I'd have a hard time believing it was home made. Very good job.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Hey fireballferkey that is some great fab work on that set of forks. Do you know what class the forks are? I have been looking for set of inexpensive light duty forks, class I or II to use on a project.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hello again FB,

Can you share what you bought for the JD quick attach pieces (JD part numbers)? I've been searching the parts site and can't seem to get results.

It seems I might be getting the opportunity to build a pair of these for myself, thanks to being born in this part of the year. Oh well, she asked what I wanted....

·
Registered
685 Posts
Awesome job , very professional looking. What process did you use to weld this project toghether and what brand is it ?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Awesome job , very professional looking. What process did you use to weld this project toghether and what brand is it ?
Just a little miller matic 220 mig weldor at work I run the Invision Millers but this was all built at home... The brackets Im unsure of for a part numbers the JD store just called them hoop and pins.

·
Registered
214 Posts
The brackets Im unsure of for a part numbers the JD store just called them hoop and pins.
I found them. The "hoops" is called "Hooks". They're $12.59 each. The Pins are $82.50 each!! I'm guessing you probably actually made your own pins and just forgot, based on how much you remember the project costing.

Even if you didn't make your own pins, I will be for sure. I don't mind spending $164, but not on something so basic and relatively insignificant.

How did you cut your steel plate? Plasma, flame, laser? I'm guessing you have access to the equipment at work for that. No fair. We have a laser but employees aren't allowed to slip work into it. Drat.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I found them. The "hoops" is called "Hooks". They're $12.59 each. The Pins are $82.50 each!! I'm guessing you probably actually made your own pins and just forgot, based on how much you remember the project costing.

Even if you didn't make your own pins, I will be for sure. I don't mind spending $164, but not on something so basic and relatively insignificant.

How did you cut your steel plate? Plasma, flame, laser? I'm guessing you have access to the equipment at work for that. No fair. We have a laser but employees aren't allowed to slip work into it. Drat.
I paid $52.00 dollars for the hoops and pins together... The steel was rough cut with hydef plasma to square dimensions I then used a torch to cut out the desired shapes. We do have multi million dollar laser tables and Hydef plasma as well as torch tables for 5" and heavier steel but I cant get custom shapes cut out only square rectangle to get complex shapes I would need programmers in the office to draw up a DX file and send it out like a work order Big Money... think the forks are something check out my old snow push Now sold..>>>> http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=105681

·
Registered
214 Posts
I paid $52.00 dollars for the hoops and pins together... The steel was rough cut with hydef plasma to square dimensions I then used a torch to cut out the desired shapes. We do have multi million dollar laser tables and Hydef plasma as well as torch tables for 5" and heavier steel but I cant get custom shapes cut out only square rectangle to get complex shapes I would need programmers in the office to draw up a DX file and send it out like a work order Big Money... think the forks are something check out my old snow push Now sold..>>>> http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=105681
Ok, well I guess I'll have to call a dealer and ask. The online price for the pin sure seems way out of whack. It's just 1045 steel! I've been meaning to call for something else anyway.

If you could manage to get around your Work Order hurdle, I could spit out DXF's all day long. That's all in a day's work over this way. I'm thinking about designing my pallet fork frame in Solidworks. Then, I'll see about getting any plate pieces flame cut someplace.

That snow pusher looks sweet. I hope you made a few bucks on it. Must have weighed a ton. Love the decal-manship.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.