My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2305 stalls under load. I changed the fuel filter housing and the fuel filter. Seems to idle, but looses power and stalls when in motion or when a load is applied. I know when you ask an open question like this it could be a lot of things, but thought I would throw this out for advice as I begin troubleshooting this further.

·
Super Moderator
38,007 Posts
Welcome to MTF goodwater! Lots of info here and great members to help and share with, enjoy the site! I'm sure some of the CUT owners will be along in a bit. Anyways, here is some site navigation assistance in case you need it:

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
how much "load"?... as in - OK when parked but the moment you start moving on flat ground - it stalls?....
or... you are pushing the FEL into 20yds of gravel in high-gear & 4wd, and it stalls as you keep pushing?...

did you check the fuel pump?...

but 1st things 1st... how many hours on the machine... and did this problem start suddenly, or got worse over time?

I could write 10 pages of questions... give us more info if you want anything better than just a stab in the dark... like: out of fuel?... or are you moving off the seat while starting to move, causing a trip of the safety switch?...

·
Kish JD 318/420/430
4,615 Posts
Check your filter housing and filter for proper installation first, then does the fuel system have to be bled of air (Bubbles) after such service on the tractor? Check the fuel tank for crap and the fuel pick up. Is there a fuel pump in tank with pickup?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts