My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Rod
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would appreciate feed back on experience using a front mounted snow blower on a John Deere 2210. Drivewway is gravelled, about 800 ft. long with minimal slope/hills.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
:MTF_wel: and enjoy the forum. Everything I've heard about 2210/2305 with front mounted snowblower has been positive. I don't use one on my 2305 I do use a front mounted snowcaster on my Ingersoll with a gravel drive. I raise the snow blower up about an inch or two and no matter how careful I am I always seem to pickup a few rocks. slkpk

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
ridesborough,

Welcome to the forum! :Welcome1: I have a 2210 with a 46" single-stage blower. Prior to the 2210, I had a 425 and my drive was a gravel drive similar to what you describe. My dealer recommended the single-stage over the 47" 2-stage, as he felt we would have less issues with shearing pins. I used that combo for ~ 10 years with no issues, other than having to use a York rake each spring to reclaim gravel that the snowblower displaced. We then bit the bullet and paved the drive: Wow! Float became something we actually could use! When we purchased the 2210, we decided to keep the 46" single-stage, and though I've had to do some maintenance (sanding and painting the insides scarred by the gravel) the old blower still works great (probably 13-14 years old now).

Now, we don't get the winters I'm guessing you do (i.e. we don't get a base that freezes so you could leave an inch or two and not deal with blowing gravel as well as snow), so perhaps the 2-stage is the right implement for you. Deere has also discontinued the 46" blower, but you probably can find one in dealer stocks or even a good condition used one (my dealer has one for $600). :)

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
The 47" 2 stage blower, tastes great less filling.:fing32: Oops that something else.:bananapow

The only drawback is John Deere is pretty proud of them. The blower isn't too bad$ 2000, but by the time you get all the hitchs, and mounts it comes to about $ 3000.

I can't imagine the 1 stage over the 2 stage. If you do shear a pin, so what they are cheap and easy to change.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts