My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have, what I think to be, a 1981 John Deere 21SPE aka N21EK. It's mostly all together. It is missing the pieces for the electric start, but has the starter and some of the wiring, of course the left front wheel, and the blade may not be a direct replacement (not sure on that). According to the original owner it wasn't used as a bagger. So far, I've cleaned it up, it has spark, and it'll run when putting 2 stroke fuel into carb. Carb needs a new diaphragm.

I have a technical manual (TM1235) and owners manual (OM-M83768) on the way. Just waiting on USPS. I do have a question, usually on B/S engines there is the model, type, and code numbers on the housing, but there are no numbers on this housing. Does anyone know what model and type this particular B/S is? This particular B/S does look just like a couple of others I have with model numbers of 92902 and 114902, but of course this one has a PTO-like shaft out the side that's driving the self-propel. TIA

Attachments

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
This is my 21 push of about the same year. The hardest part to buy for self propelled really all is the rear wheels. Odd 9 inch size. Mine I used 8.5 inch wheels and adjusted the front and rear wheels so the blade was level with the ground. Roger

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Roger. Those wheels are expensive (when you can find them).

The key words to search on the Briggs and Stratton engine was “right angle drive.” The model number I could find was 110988 and type number 0393-01. I’m not sure if that is the correct one/year, but now I can compare part numbers.

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
My engine doesn't have the PTO shaft and is a 92908 Briggs which a bit smaller engine used on the push models as it only has to turn the blade. Roger

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got my technical manual today. Gotta love those. B/S 4hp, model 110985 type 0477-04

1 - 5 of 5 Posts