My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time poster. I am finding this sight full of information. Thanks to one and all. Collecting and working on old 210 - 216 has become a hobby of myself and my son who is 7. We recently acquired a 214 that runs great, little or no con rod noise. It will run wide open for hours on end driving it around the yard, but when I attempted to mow with it for the first time this week, after about 20 minutes, it would not run with the PTO / blades engaged. It would start to vibrate a little and drag the engine to a stop. Disengage the blades and all is good. I let it rest for a couple of hours and tried again, same thing 20 minutes later and dead stop.

I maybe off base but I have a couple of thoughts, one deck bearings are getting hot, starting to fail and locking up. Or could the engine be flat wore out and overheats when a load is put on it.

Any ideas/ Have you guys run across any of this before???

Thanks in advance,

Rick

·
JD318
990 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Rick.
I would definitely check the deck bearings first. If not there, then start looking at fuel delivery problems, carb cleaning, air passages restricted, float adjustment, etc. Also make sure nothing is wrapped around one of the blades...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response, I should have put in my original post. The blades spin free by themselves. What do you suggest? Remove the belt and check for side to side movement? Keep in mind I am new at this, but very mechanical.

Thanks again,

Rick:thanku:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts