USMC
19,146 Posts
Sweet and now the fun part begins getting to use it. slkpk

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
hey thanks guys!!! my new 317 is next

katt, the brown primer is rustoleum rusty metal primer. its the only rustoleum primer i could find in a quart can to spray out of my gun. primer paint and clear coat were all sprayed out of my Finex gun. way cheaper than rattle cans and does a better job. i dont even have 40$ in paint on the rebuild. i never even spend more than 125$ on the whole rebuild. my hood was cracked and chipped.
so i bought a "refurbished" hood on ebay. when i got it UPS put about a 3 inch crack in it. i notified the seller and he refunded me most my money back. and i just used BONDO brand fiberglass ressin to fix and seal the crack. i sanded the bonda down smooth with 220. i primed it, sanded it with 320, then reprimed the whole hood. wet sanded it to 400 and went into paint and clear coat. turned out good. all the yellow parts required a grey primer so the yellow could cover better. so i just used grey rattle can on wheels and air cleaner and deck. thanks for all the positive reviews. ill get started on that 317 for you guys. any questions on the restoration or painting or anything i did feel free to pm me!!

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Awesome job Dan. Looks as good as new. Have you tackled the mower deck yet. If it is finished, post up some pictures with deck on tractor. Again, great job. Love seeing the older tractors made like new again. :fing32:

·
Premium Member
8,215 Posts
man, this has made me want to get on my 300 restoration.... still in the "collecting parts stage"

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
heres some more eye candy, after i finshed restoring the deck.

and almost done with the 317.

Starting on 54inch blade and 37A blower

Attachments

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
:thThumbsU:thThumbsU:thThumbsU slkpk

·
RF 110 owner
102 Posts
Very nice job Dan.. Very nice...

·
Murph
1,933 Posts
**** that tractors sexy!

:fing32:

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
Very nice job! :thanku: for the pics!:fing32:

·
Murph
1,933 Posts
:thanku::thanku:

Where you at in illinois? your post about your blower, have you seen snow yet? when i get home i have to put my new hydraulic line on the 54inch plow and then im sto:thThumbsUked!!
Peoria area here, how bout yourself?

21 - 38 of 38 Posts